Cleaning Therminator w/o Backflush

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HokieHomeBrew

Reaction score
I have no sinks in my home that have the ability to put a garden hose adapter on them. In fact, you can't attach anything to any of the sinks. Does anyone else have a therminator and have this problem? If so, how do you clean it? Being able to flush hot water through the backflush helps a lot but I now have no way to do it. I have a garden hose outside but that is only cold water. Anyone?

Most newer faucets have a screen aerator that has to be remove for cleaning ... I unscrewed mine with a wrench and took it to home depot for an adapter to 5/8 hose ... Now I keep it finger tight.

You can’t remove any of the screen heads from your faucets? If that is the case the only other thing I could think of is using a kettle with a valve and a pump. That’s how I clean mine by recirculating boiling water from my kettle.

Flush it both directions with cold water using one of those high pressure jet nozzles. Then put it in the sink fill it with hot Oxiclean or PBW and let it soak. Then flush with boiling water from a tea kettle or pot, using a funnel if needed.

Back