Which is better, 2 4-way distributors or 1 7-way distributor.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

262andbrew

Reaction score
Hey all, I am just starting out in the world of kegging. I got a CO2 tank, regulator, and 4 pin lock corny kegs from a pal that is 'retiring' for a bit. But no manifold or distributor, so I can only power 1 keg at a time.

I have built a collar onto an older chest freezer, have a Johnson Controller to keep the temp, and am about 3 days from racking my first keg into a nice clean keg. But the next batch is in primary and will want to split that CO2 pretty soon. That brings me to my question.

7 is the max number of kegs I am going to fit in this keezer, so the 7vs8 is not a deal breaker.
Each individual output will have a shutoff.
If I go with the 2 manifolds I might be able to make the tubing a little neater and I can spend half my money now and half of it in 4 months when I pick up a few more kegs.
With one part there are fewer things floating around in the keezer.
With 2, I can replace (at $45) each half if I ever have a breakdown.
With 1, there is fewer connections to leak.
With 2, If (and big IF) I ever want to have 2 regulators I can have half of the kegs at a higher serving pressure, or have half of the system for carbonating and half for serving.

sorry for the stream of consciousness :drunk:

I am interested in your thoughts, please throw out other pros and cons to the 2 options. Cheers.

If you ever decide to get a second regulator so you can have different pressures/carbonation levels, you'll be happy that you went with 2 x4.

You can never have too many co2 options and outlets. I seem to need an extra all the time to purge and seal kegs.

Latest posts

Back