GF is awesome!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmendez29

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Not gratus fermentatio. But it made you look.;)

My girlfriend just got an awesome job. She had been working at a major chain restaurant, not quite national, but pretty close. She had spent the past two and a half years making her intentions known and working toward being a full salaried manager and not just an hourly assistant manager. Through several events it became obvious to us that her efforts were extremely unappreciated and quite possibly even taken advantage of.

So she decided to leave the corporate chains behind and apply to somewhere decidedly local. After dropping off about a dozen applications to restaurants for server positions, she got a callback on one of them for a manager position. After a month long interview process, she has officially been hired in to New Holland Brewing.

Yes, my girlfriend will likely become significantly more knowledgeable about beer than I will. And that makes me very happy. :ban:

I looked. :D
Congrats to you & your lady! Hope she enjoys it & it's a very profitable & secure position.
Regards, GF.

ha, ha! Knew it was a fake-out, because it wasn't posted in the Boneyard. But great news. I wish my wife could get a job at Widmers or one of the other breweries around here, but Widmers and McMenamins are about the only ones large enough to need full-time accounting auditors.

Thanks. She's digging it so far. Nothing but positive reinforcement, as opposed to beratement even when mimicking other managers' actions at the previous place.

The funniest part, to me at least, is that New Holland is where we went on our first date. It's almost like karma.

Latest posts

Back