Yard House

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewJr

Reaction score
Well i just had to share my kick ass experiance with a little place called the "Yard House"!! they just built one out here in hawaii and i thinks its the best place on earth that i've ever been to. For those of you who dont know what this place is its a restuarant and bar with over 120 different types of draft beer! the food is soooo good and the variety of beer is mind blowing! and they serve there beers in half yard glasses, i guess it got to dangerous with the full yard glasses back when they opened so they swithched, at any rate if there is one next to you at all or it happens to be in a place that you might be vacationing or visiting i would highly recommend stoping by there!! i just had to get that off my chest!!

Yeah they are good sh*t. I had two of them in my area when I lived in Southern Cali. they had 200 beers on tap...some of them really obscure like the SLO Brew Blueberry ale..which I hadn't found anywhere outside of San Luis Obispo. I love their burgers and their salads are really good too.

Dan

I've been to the one in Long Beach, Pasadena, and Irvine. The food is great, but the 250 tap beer selection at the Long Beach is the greatest.

Brewsmith said:
I've been to the one in Long Beach, Pasadena, and Irvine. The food is great, but the 250 tap beer selection at the Long Beach is the greatest.
Yeah Long Beach and Costa Mesa are the bomb for beer selection. The one at The Irvine Spectrum is really good too. Man I miss California:(

Dan

My in-laws live in Costa Mesa and a trip to the yard house is part of my requirement if I'm to go to the in-laws.

wow, that is impressive. There is a place that has 48 beers on tap that I go to and I was awed by that. Of course about 42 of the 48 are really hard to find brews and they rotate. I also get a good chuckle everytime I go in there because the beers are listed on a board behind the bar, and mostly even the beers that aren't hard to find are good brews. At the bottom of the list however is Miller Lite. It just looks so funny and out of place. Not sure why it is there either because they have BMC and other common brews in bottles.

Drunk Monkey said:
They repeat. They don't have that many individual beers.
When they handed me the beer list, it had four pages. I didn't count but I would venture a guess it was at least a hundred individual beers if not more. They may repeat but there selection is better than any other place I've seen.

dan

Back