An example of how active fermentation can be.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Next time I get some heavy action I need to remember to get vid of it.
I came in one morning and the 5gal bucket I was using as an airlock looked like it was on a burner at full boil, ended up having to put more sanitizer in the bucket because so much had splashed out.

Next time I get some heavy action I need to remember to get vid of it.
I came in one morning and the 5gal bucket I was using as an airlock looked like it was on a burner at full boil, ended up having to put more sanitizer in the bucket because so much had splashed out.

Too bad you don't have video of it.

Impressive.
This is my favorite. The person is so sleepy and trying to figure out what happened.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is an Imperial IPA I have fermenting currently, keep in mind this is a 3bbl batch.

Last edited by a moderator:
Most brews I do, the blowoff growler has a machine gun of CO2 bubbles. Doesnt matter if it's 5% or 15%, it's going nuts. Probably just due to correct pitching rates, etc.

Most homebrewers way underpitch and don't realize it. I still do to this day, but aim to change that with a stirplate project I'm in the middle of.

Both my first two brews were zipping along at 3 bubbles/second into the blowoff tube after a bit more than a day. I like to see that happening. :)

Back