New Humidor!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CoalCracker

Reaction score
In the past two years I've gotten into smoking cigars. Went out and bought a cheap, crappy humidor, and had trouble keeping the humidity stable. Saw a humidor online that I loved so with my dad being the woodworker that he is, I had him make one. I know there are a lot of cigar smokers on here so I thought I'd share. BTW, my dad said he'd make more and sell them. Can hold about 400 cigars.

DA296F51-1DF5-466F-ADD8-E90C34DB4688-10695-00000D3002F00E6B.jpg

9B8E9181-B26C-43C7-A78D-0BEDEDAD8929-10695-00000D2FF2DAB5BF.jpg

Solid Cherry and Black Walnut.

I actually did the etching. I ordered a stencil with adhesive backing and then brushed on armor etch. Worked really nice. There are a few spots that did bleed a bit but still looks great. If I were to do it again, I would do it with the glass unmounted. Was hard to quickly rinse the acid off the glass while it was mounted in the door.

To keep it humid I use a 1/2LB of beads. I ultimately want to get an electronic humidifier like the Oasis.

Depending on price, I very well may be interested in one of these bad boys. The small 25 cigar and cool-idor aren't cutting it anymore.

I actually did the etching. I ordered a stencil with adhesive backing and then brushed on armor etch. Worked really nice. There are a few spots that did bleed a bit but still looks great. If I were to do it again, I would do it with the glass unmounted. Was hard to quickly rinse the acid off the glass while it was mounted in the door.

To keep it humid I use a 1/2LB of beads. I ultimately want to get an electronic humidifier like the Oasis.

That's good to know!

Latest posts

Back