FXBG and new to brewing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deep Elem Brews

Reaction score
Greetings All,

My bro-in-law and I started brewing this past summer after he approached me with a Stout he had made from a Mr. Brew kit. We were underwhelmed and looking for something a bit more sophisticated.
My background in Microbiology and laboratory science in general helped us get off the ground with a few BIABs and then made the switch over to full grain after a few brews and some hardware purchases.

We have an awesome mentor in the area that I worked with a while in the lab and I knew he'd steer us straight. We are now brewing 10 gallon batches and producing some solid results. Always looking to process improvements and trying to "nail down" our flagship beers. We have ventured out a few times with some success, but we are also learning our lessons as we go (let's never talk about the ESB gone bad!)

Anyway, I have been lurking on Homebrew Talk for a while now and thought it was time to get engaged, learn from the masses and share some things as well.

Cheers to all and hopefully a prosperous Brew YEAR as well.

Slainte Mhath!
Deep Elem

let's never talk about the ESB gone bad!

damn, man now i'm envisioning the incident in "fresh hell" on youtube when brent spiner was joking with levar about rubbing his balls on his air filter glasses!! 🤣

i hope i remember your name, and get a back story!

:mug: Welcome :mug:

edit:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back