Biere de Garde with Lutra Kveik

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luckybeagle

Making sales and brewing ales.
Reaction score
Hey all, I put together a video for a beer that I thought turned out really good and thought I'd share it.

It's a Biere de Garde using Lutra. I wasn't able to find much online regarding BdG brewed with this yeast, so I gave it a whirl as I had most ingredients on-hand already.

A few notes that I don't cover in the video:

1. I don't sparge. I just recirculate using my herms coil, HLT, and pumps, to keep temperature stable. The pH is also stable during the mash at about 5.4. This is solely to save time--I just dough in and let it run until I can make time to lauter and boil.
2. In hindsight, I could've gotten away with far less slurry, however it still attenuated fully and didn't impart any negative flavors.
3. The DIY candisyrup is using the DAP + sugar + heat method.
4. I could've shortened the grain-to-glass time, but life got in the way.

Anyway, I hope the video is insightful or at least mildly entertaining. I'm gonna be enjoying this beer for a while!

Grain bill, hop schedule, and recipe is all in the video itself.

Hey all, I put together a video for a beer that I thought turned out really good and thought I'd share it.
Looks good. I have been curious about yeast for Biere de Garde as suggestions are all over the place.

I am so used to seeing your videos on Instagram, that I felt a bit out of place seeing you on YouTube. Good luck with the channel.

Back