Odd taste from commercial. Home brew tastes fine.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soonerchamps

Reaction score
I can't figure this one out. I recently built my kegerator. It's setup for 3 home brew kegs and 2 commercial. I purchased a Sam Adams Boston Lager keg and a Sam Adams Octoberfest keg. I also tapped 2 home brew kegs (imperial IPA, honey wheat). The home brews taste great, but both commercial kegs have an odd, sour (maybe even a little metallic) taste from the very 1st pour. I bought the Sankey Couplers from 2 different sources. I've cleaned everything from tap to faucet. They both still have the odd taste. A buddy of mine got an Octoberfest keg the same day I did and it tastes exactly as it's supposed to from his kegerator. The only thing we haven't tried is swapping kegs. Any suggestions or ideas? Thanks in advance...

I can't figure this one out. I recently built my kegerator. It's setup for 3 home brew kegs and 2 commercial. I purchased a Sam Adams Boston Lager keg and a Sam Adams Octoberfest keg. I also tapped 2 home brew kegs (imperial IPA, honey wheat). The home brews taste great, but both commercial kegs have an odd, sour (maybe even a little metallic) taste from the very 1st pour. I bought the Sankey Couplers from 2 different sources. I've cleaned everything from tap to faucet. They both still have the odd taste. A buddy of mine got an Octoberfest keg the same day I did and it tastes exactly as it's supposed to from his kegerator. The only thing we haven't tried is swapping kegs. Any suggestions or ideas? Thanks in advance...

swap kegs. only way to know.

I forgot to mention, we tapped straight from the keg bypassing the faucet and it still had the same odd taste.

Back