Gotta watch the pipeline! (no homebrew for the 4th)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

callmebruce

Reaction score
So, I went from Ales with a 5 week turn-around time to a Kolsch. Two weeks primary fermentation, four weeks at 40 degrees (wrapping up the 3rd week), then two weeks of bottle carbing.

Darn it - I didn't time it right! Down to 5 homebrews left. Gonna have to ration the homebrew for the weekend.

I would recommend brewing waay more often if you are down to 5 bottles. I keg and I try to keep 3 kegs on tap and about 5 or 6 ready to go, I used to brew just enough to always be running out a week or so before my next batch was ready, I decided to step up to 10 gallon batches and brew more often, when all my kegs are full I take some time off.

Yup, I'm in the same boat. I had a kit ready to go when I bottled my first, but we (my brother and I) didn't think we'd drink the 2 cases as fast as we did. :eek:

We *just* bottled our second brew (Nut Brown Ale) this past Sunday, and we only have about 12 of our first brew (Belgian White) left. Really, we'd probably have none left if I hadn't been trying to save some for the 4th.

Wish I'd known about the "pipeline" before this. But now we know, so we have our third brew ready to go this weekend. Hopefully we'll start getting a nice back log. :mug:

Simple solution: Gonna need a bigger boat! (or a bigger pipeline).

I wasn't able to brew at all for around 5-6 weeks. Fortunately I had around 15~ gallons stocked up.

Oh yeah baby, I'm doin alright ;)

I was out for 2 weeks between batches 1 and two, that will never happen again, almost 4 cases stocked up and a batch fermenting and brewing more this weekend.:mug:

Friends showed up last weekend and drank all ma amber ale :mad: even though they loved it and I got compliments all night long, it's all gone and it'll be 3 weeks before my porter is ready and 5 weeks for my alt bier :(

Luckily a mini-brewery just opened their doors in town and this'll give me a reason to sample their crafts :D

I took inventory and found that there are 3 empty cornies in the storage room, I need to brew soon to fill them back up.

Sometimes I feel like a homebrew hoarder.

Latest posts

Back