Setting up CO2 in keezer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kegtoe

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Can some of you Keezer experts (and amateurs too) give me some advice how to hook up CO2 in my keezer that i will start this weekend. I have 3 Corny's and the freezer can probably fit 5. I would like to leave an option for future expansion. Currently i have a 5lb CO2 tank that attaches directly to a dual regulator with tank 2000lb tank gauage. (see my pic below of my current set up, im building a keezer to bring the set up inside).

Also what size line (diameter) is best for gas? Do i need the colored stuff or is the clear line OK.

Please provide pics if you have them - i know there is lots of nice work out there. I have been checking out the keezers on this site for 2 days.

I have used clear line but I try to stay away from it for force carbing. The best bet would be to use the colored stuff. It doesn't cost much more but it is the best tool for the job. Along the lines of trying to save space in the keezer we have a fridge that holds 2 kegs and a tank or 3 kegs no tank... we ended up having an external co2 tank just to have the extra beer on tap. The gas hose that I use I got at home depot, I just got air compressor hose 50' for $12

Beverage tubing available at most Homebrew stores - 3/16" thick-walled beverage tubing is what you're looking for. Length is critical, color is not - if you keep your pressure at 10 lbs, you want approx 5 ft of tubing for each keg - this is to prevent excessive foaming out of the taps.

When you set your CO2 inside the keezer, (mine is inside) the Tank-volume regulator gauge will change and it will look like you're almost out of CO2. Don't freak.

Colored CO2 lines make it impossible for you to know if you've got beer backed up into your gas lines. So if you go with them, be sure to get check valves! (get'm with clear lines too, just sayin).

I was looking for some guidance on manifolds, etc. I have two regulators. i was thinking of using one regulator set to 12 psi to a manifold with 3 outputs for my beer kegs. I would use the other regulator set to 30 PSI (wich i may or may not have a manifold) to my soda keg(s)

Nobody has any good pics huh?? i was lloking for someone who has their co2 tank outside and how they ran their lines or manifolds inside.

Colored CO2 lines make it impossible for you to know if you've got beer backed up into your gas lines. So if you go with them, be sure to get check valves! (get'm with clear lines too, just sayin).

This is my thinking as well which is why I'll be buying clear tubing for my current keezer build.

Nobody has any good pics huh?? i was lloking for someone who has their co2 tank outside and how they ran their lines or manifolds inside.

You could purchase a high pressure line and therefore you would only need to run one line into the keezer/kegerator from the outside. This would then distribute from your gas manifold from inside. These are rather expensive though and you would most likely need some additional fittings to make it work from the reg. to the manifold.
http://stores.kegconnection.com/Detail.bok?no=291

I don't have a pic of the unit with the lines hooked up since I have really scaled back on brewing I just use the two tap commercial kegerator and this one is in starage. I ran the one main line from the primary reg threw the collar and hooked it up to these secondary regs . I was able to have up to four at different pressures I leave the primary at 40 psi so I can force carb if need be . pretty simple setup

fermentation11.jpg

Back