Mylar food storage bags

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The mylar ones that I buy hops already packaged in will not seal with the thermal sealing strip on my foodsaver. I have seen many others have this issue. Just FYI warning not to go buy a ton of em without trying it out first!

The mylar ones that I buy hops already packaged in will not seal with the thermal sealing strip on my foodsaver. I have seen many others have this issue. Just FYI warning not to go buy a ton of em without trying it out first!

Interesting. I just resealed my bags using it. I wonder what the difference is? One of the products I saw specifically mentioned using a food saver.

Interesting. I just resealed my bags using it. I wonder what the difference is? One of the products I saw specifically mentioned using a food saver.

That would probably work then??? The oxygen barrier ones I get will seal for about 10 seconds and then pull apart. Even if I try consecutive seal cycles on it.

If there is an oxygen barrier version out there that seals on a food saver I would definitely be interested!

Back