Spotless Water UK

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joe1980

Reaction score
I am looking for a source of RO water in UK and have only found a company called Spotless Water. Has anyone used their water for home brewing? they seem to advertise mainly for window cleaners etc. They say their water is not fit for consumption unless adding back water salts.

Has anyone experience of brewing with this water?

Thanks

I am looking for a source of RO water in UK and have only found a company called Spotless Water. Has anyone used their water for home brewing? they seem to advertise mainly for window cleaners etc. They say their water is not fit for consumption unless adding back water salts.

Has anyone experience of brewing with this water?

Thanks
At Tesco the house brand (I think it's called Ashbeck) 5l water jugs are so low in mineral content that you can easily tweak them for any possible beer style.

Although for brewing beer with DME and LME you are probably okay with just RO water.

But I'm really not certain as I've never done extract brews. Wait and see if I get dinged for this comment or not.

Although for brewing beer with DME and LME you are probably okay with just RO water.

But I'm really not certain as I've never done extract brews. Wait and see if I get dinged for this comment or not.

I used ro water for brewing extract kits when I started out . I preferred that over tap water. Mash ph and all the salts and acids were done when making the extract . At least that's what I was told .

Mash ph and all the salts and acids were done when making the extract . At least that's what I was told .

tl;dr? extract has minerals; experienced extract brewers will "season to taste" just like experienced all-grain brewers.

HtB, 4e (2017) in chapter 1:
1685987738164.png

early in chapter 8 (a more 'advanced' topic):
1685987971030.png

and later in the same chapter, there are "seasoning guidelines".
1685988062469.png

The book Brewing Engineering, 2e has additional, brand specific, information on "seasoning".

At Tesco the house brand (I think it's called Ashbeck) 5l water jugs are so low in mineral content that you can easily tweak them for any possible beer style.
To put it in context Spotless Water charge 3.9p per litre for RO water compared to £1.40 for 5L of Ashbeck so it is a no brainer to get the RO water at this price. Just wanted to hear if anyone else is using it.

Has no one in UK here heard of them or used this water?

Latest posts

Back