How much will this cost?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mustangfreak

Reaction score
Thanks to the coming tax return, I may finish my kegorator. It just needs a collar, and taps.

Right now I'm just using picnic taps, and would like to get the metal taps(I;ve forgotten the name of them right now).

What all do I need to go from the hose I already have, into my pint? And how much should it cost?

Depends on what taps you get. The Shanks are about $15 a piece and those are what connects the tap to the beerline through your collar. The less expensive taps are $15-20 I think and the more expensive ones are up to $40 a piece. I bought 6 perlick taps and 6 3" shanks for just under $300 shipped and then 25ft of 3/16 beer line for .55 a foot. From what I've read perlicks are the best and I got mine at Restaurant Supplies, Restaurant Equipment | Superior Products. They had them the cheapeast at $32 a piece. Hope this helps a little.

Depends on what taps you get. The Shanks are about $15 a piece and those are what connects the tap to the beerline through your collar. The less expensive taps are $15-20 I think and the more expensive ones are up to $40 a piece. I bought 6 perlick taps and 6 3" shanks for just under $300 shipped and then 25ft of 3/16 beer line for .55 a foot. From what I've read perlicks are the best and I got mine at Restaurant Supplies, Restaurant Equipment | Superior Products. They had them the cheapeast at $32 a piece. Hope this helps a little.

So I just need 4 shanks, and 4 taps. Thats it. Nothing else?

If you are going from picnic taps to perlick faucets through a collar, all you need are shanks and the faucets. I just did the same thing. make sure you get shanks with either welded tailpieces on the end or (better) tailpieces with screw-on washers/nuts. Some sites sell shanks without the tailpieces. You can just remove the picnic taps and secure the beverage hose onto the tailpieces with whatever method you like (oetiker clamps, in my case). Piece of cake!

you will need the shanks, tail pieces for the shanks, perlicks (can go cheap but i def dont recommend it), and the tap handles. I also recommend doing 10' of beer line so that is will not be all foam. I would do a minimum of 6' if possible - per keg of course.

i ordered all of my stuff from keg connection. They had excellent prices and the best service around.

I already have 6' of hose. I'll see what kegconnection has. I've gotten all of my keg stuff from them anyhow.

Latest posts

Back