I have reached beertopia....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loopmd

Reaction score
I just cracked open the latest edition and I must say, it is the best yet. I am very greatful, but very pissed nonetheless. I never take notes, I never really remember exactly what I did on brew day. I've always enjoyed my beers and have brewed many. Never really hoping I could re-create exactly the same one. Now I wish I could. My mission from here on out will be to try to repeat. ARRRGGGHHHH!!!

loop

Yes I hear ya man, however I am taking notes. I purchased a whiteboard and markers with log history, after the beer is done I then record in my Beer Diary EXACTLY what i did also the mistakes as well. (some will be beneficial, some will not)

Beer making has fulfilled me so. I am so happy. Almost brings a tear to my eye

Originally I had a brewing partner, who was taking the notes. He died a couple years ago and in looking through the notebook I realized two things: 1. I can barely read his writing and 2. He never wrote down the hops! So, the recipe for Stiffy is lost forever.

It's worth writing everything down, because eventually we all make THAT beer.

Yeah, I second (or third or whatever) the motion! It wasn't until I realized how sometimes you want repeatability, and you want others to be able to follow your work. There is an appeal in general to being creative and always coming up with something new, but it is easily forgotten that creativity got you there in the first place! The other thing that really revolutionized my cooking and brewing was a digital scale. I love that thing.

Back