Dual Faucet Shank Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frankw77

Reaction score
A friend was kind enough to give me a dual faucet shank which I would like to use in my kegerator to replace my single faucet tap. I currently have commercial kegs in there, but I am about to keg my first batch of homebrew (a kolsch) and I would like to serve two at the same time without drilling another hole in my fridge.

My problem is that the shank is missing the barbs that should extend at an angle from the end of the shank. The holes at the end are threaded and are exactly 1/4" in diameter. Perhaps a 3/16" threaded barb fitting would work?

I have talked to American Beverage Equipment and Kegco and a few other places without any luck in finding the replacement parts.

Any suggestions?

Can you upload a picture? Are there just two threaded holes on the "fridge" side of the shank, or are there tubes coming out with external threads?

Those are likely 1/4" male flare ports that want a mating FFL swivel nut and barb connector. You can get those at any decent LHBS...

Cheers!

hmm. Definitely not flare fittings. If it were me I'd head to a hardware store and see what fittings can screw in there! Maybe 1/16" NPT? Anyone else have any ideas? Then you can order a proper barbed connector.

Back