Brewed Sunday

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NHRACER

Reaction score
Edme Kit English IPA. Kit calls for 6 gallons. Local brewshop said okay to reduce to 5.

Airlock activity strong yesterday. Nothing today.

Checked brew. No krausen, settled.

Hyd reading 1.050 OG

Today 1.025 Tated pretty good, flat.

Seems early to be done fermenting. Wait a few more days.

had the same thing happen with my kolsch. airlock activity w/ in 4 hrs, then nothing after 12. let it sit for 10 days and hit close to my fg.

Thanks for the quick replies.

Heard some not-so-good things about the yeast that comes with the canned kits. Wasn't sure I would need to re-pitch.

Side note, fermentation started at 70 degrees. Doing this at a buddy's, his first batch. Temp dropped to 62 (basement). Moved the bucket to a warmer locale.

Munton's yeast?

I don't think so. It was an unmarked foil packet that came with the Edme kit/can.

Been 12 years since I last brewed. Had about 7 batched under my belt. Have a friend who wants to get into it, he knows a guy who brews as well.

I think waiting may be the best idea. In the meantime, I will get some more yeast. Just in case.

If you are worried, take hydrometer samples. You shouldn't have to do that until after at LEAST a week though. I brewed on Sunday as well. As of today, it has stopped actively bubbling too. No worries.

Back