Not sure if my IPA is done fermenting...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luke_d

Reaction score
Noob alert!! So I've been fermenting an IPA for awhile now. It's been fermenting slowly because the house is a tad bit cold for the yeast. Anyway, when I shine a flashlight through, I see the occasional bubble shoot up towards the top of the carboy.

The OG was 1.064 and the current SG is 1.014. Rigorous fermentation is done, but since I can see fermentation happening (bubbles in the carboy), would it be dangerous to bottle? I feel like I would get some bottle bombs.

Please help! Thanks. :)

Airlock activity is not a direct indication of fermentation. Take another hydrometer reading in 3 days, if it is still 1.014 it can be bottled.

I know airlock activity is not a sign of fermentation. But I can actually see little tiny bubbles coming up from the yeast cake through the beer.

Which could be CO2 bubbles trapped in the yeast cake. Wait a couple of days and take another gravity reading.

Hey I just noticed you're in Sac too. Where do you live? It would be cool to have a few brew buddies around.

Back