What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
image-1841636627.jpg

Clown Shoes Chocolate Sombrero. All of the reviews said this beer was damn near flat, so I got a little carried away with the pour. Much better than I expected, very good. Slightly spicy and a ton of chocolate.

Back home in St. Louis mo on leave . Picked up a local mico/craft brew of o'fallon ,mo five day IPA (not my cup of tea) but beer is beer be it bud light or my not so good hb try's . No beer needs to be sent down the drain.

for tonight, i'm right about 3/4 of a gallon of ed's apfelwein. 1st batch of the year! tomorrow could be a long day. i should stop now, take a few ibuprofen and go to bed.

nukebrewer said:
This is a really great beer courtesy of allenH. The hop character is great and very smooth. Thanks, Allen.

I really like their Humidor series IPA, what did you think about the cedar? Every time I have that one, I imagine walking up to the tap and pouring a Jai-Alai into a cigar box and drinking it. It really smoothes it out.

Another from my new friend allenH. This smells so amazing. Roasty toasty goodness with caramel, coffee and toffee. Tastes just as good if not better.

I picked up a sixer of those the other day. South Florida sucks for craft beer. But thank god CCB is close to us so we have an endless supply of jai Alai and maduro. Jai Alai is my favorite IPA right now. There's nothing like that little guava taste in there

Had a Sierra Nevada Ruthless Rye and Dogfish Head Burton Baton tonight.

Jealous of the people with access to Cigar City brews. Enjoyed quite a few of their beers while in South Florida a couple of years ago.

Had a Guiness Draught on nitro earlier. Having a HB'ed cascade pale ale now, then off to bed...

At the moment I am drinking Sierra Nevada Pale Ale. I want the yeast from the bottles to make a clone :). I have bottled a Bell's Oberon clone and a dunkle rye. Both turned out very good.

Had a Sierra Nevada Ruthless Rye and Dogfish Head Burton Baton tonight.

Jealous of the people with access to Cigar City brews. Enjoyed quite a few of their beers while in South Florida a couple of years ago.

I really like Dogfish Raison D'Etre. It's a bit too sweet to drink more than one or two, but it is quite good.

I really like their Humidor series IPA, what did you think about the cedar? Every time I have that one, I imagine walking up to the tap and pouring a Jai-Alai into a cigar box and drinking it. It really smoothes it out.

I also thought the cedar did a lot to smooth things out, but I think maybe they overdid it just a touch on the cedar. I didn't think it needed to be that strong, but overall I thought it was very good.

Right now I am having the other Jai Alai you sent me. Sad to see it go, but I'll be in Orlando this summer so I will see if I can make my over to Tampa to check out the brewery.

20130125_044500.jpg

At the moment I am drinking Sierra Nevada Pale Ale. I want the yeast from the bottles to make a clone :). I have bottled a Bell's Oberon clone and a dunkle rye. Both turned out very good.

Not to burst your bubble, but it's just us-05. Probably just be easier (and cheaper) to buy a pack.

Working on some black coffee ATM.

id buy one designed for a growler. great idea, fill from the tap at home, then dispense form the tap with your friends

This is a Gallon (2L) and made to thread onto the 2L Growler.

Problem with making for a regular growler is the weight.. its heavy, and don't think it would adapt to a regular growler cap. But I can give it a try.

I have though ordered a 5L Mini-Keg to see if I could get this to fit that one.

BTW..

THIS IS THE DIY THREAD I STARTED

I plan on breaking it down and showing how it was built.

On key problem with this specific design.. the Beer Faucet used a funky thread, that I had to pay a machine shop to cut into a 3/4" elbow. So the seal isn't optimal.

I am going to replace it soon with a Barb and a Picnic tap. Not as cool looking, but much more functional and cheaper (no machine cost, no 3/4" elbow, no $25 beer faucet)

id buy one designed for a growler. great idea, fill from the tap at home, then dispense form the tap with your friends

Still haven't coughed up the cash to keg so for now, I'm still bottle conditioning. I think one of these can handle carbing pressure. Our welder at work does pressure vessels and he felt confident it'd hold up to 100psi

Bière pour la nouvelle saison. Ha, that's what I call it when I'm being pretentious. This is my third batch based on the same idea - sacc/Brett blend saison with new school hops.

image-3394757007.jpg

Back