Dogs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Watching TV with Brolly

EACE3C28-3DC5-4C9B-9F2B-BD847C4F0771-11884-000009007C8A6740.jpg

This is Abbey, we rescued her from a foundation that specializes in finding homes for dogs that have been abandoned after forclosures and evictions. She is a 5 month Terrier mix. I can't wait to get a brew day in with my new assistant.

IMG_0270.jpg

DSC_2965.NEF.jpg

DSC_2969.NEF.jpg

DSC_2970.NEF.jpg

This is Abbey, we rescued her from a foundation that specializes in finding homes for dogs that have been abandoned after forclosures and evictions. She is a 5 month Terrier mix. I can't wait to get a brew day in with my new assistant.

Don't worry, they'll take over the brewing ops: Barley doing the brewing.

MC

Well, after losing our golden retriever in 2010, and now our Irish Setter about 2 months ago, we have decided to get another golden.

They were born about 10 days ago! We will pick up the little dude Dec 14th.

292720_4774226923769_271694726_n.jpg

That picture with all three dogs is kind of unsettling. Were you holding a treat above the camera?

CreamyGoodness said:
As a stranger, I will mind my P's and Q's around your son, thank you very much. hehe.

Yeah they watch out for him pretty good, especially when new people are around. They're all really good dogs and they're pretty mellow for the most part, but if the new person is being kind of loud and making a lot of quick hand gestures around the baby they'll let that person know its time to settle down.

emjay said:
That picture with all three dogs is kind of unsettling. Were you holding a treat above the camera?

Yeah I had a few dog biscuits.

Something is wrong with my brew dog, she may be defective. She napped on the couch for 6 hours today while i made a milk stout. She didnt even get up once to see what i was doing.

She digs the spent grain biscuits though.

Bloo - Newly rescued great dane, two brew cycles under his belt..not much help I'm afraid...more of a nosey trip hazard. Not much different than the Gf's first couple.

ForumRunner_20121118_090806.jpg

My buddy Ace, having some fun in the sand playing fetch. 1.5 years old and still has more energy than i thought possible.

ForumRunner_20121119_214712.jpg

Laughing_Gnome_Invisible said:
What's maggie so happy about!?

That's just her personality! Her and her litter mates were abandoned on the side of a highway in FL. My wife and I picked her up from a private rescue down there

Or she could be smiling thinking about all the delicious brews bubbling away in the house.... She gets a taste sometimes.

I have a question for anyone with dog knowledge. Can dogs be autistic?

No name for this little guy yet (yellow collar). Normally we would rescue a dog, but this is from the same breeder/line as my golden retriever that passed two years ago. We pick him up in three weeks.

pups.jpg

Punity said:
I have a question for anyone with dog knowledge. Can dogs be autistic?

I don't know if they're classified as "autistic" but I think there are definitely dogs with some issues. My middle dog Seymour is definitely our "special" boy. He's got a few quirks but nothing that makes him a bad dog.

image-1207351362.jpg

bwirthlin said:
I don't know if they're classified as "autistic" but I think there are definitely dogs with some issues. My middle dog Seymour is definitely our "special" boy. He's got a few quirks but nothing that makes him a bad dog.

Yea my wife worked a few autistic kids and our buddy exhibits signs of it sometimes. Just didn't know if it was a thing or our dog is just special haha.

This is truly my favorite thread... Here is a recent shot of my mutt posing for a pet bed ad for my company!

Birdie.jpg

TheKeg81 said:
LOVE that coat color. My brother had one like that a few years back, same coat color and really bright blue eyes.

We looked at a bunch of pups before we found her. She has a brother that was solid blue, but we like her blue/ brindle and her white really sets it off.
She has grey eyes. I would love to see one with blue eyes!

Are wolfdogs goofy and cuddly when they spend time with people, or do you have to constantly keep them active and remind the of their place in the pack?

Goofy and cuddly most of the time, as far as ones that we raised from cubs. We have taken in a couple of feral Wolfdogs that push the envelope. They will challenge us, we have been bitten, there have been a couple of instances that were a little disconcerting. So far we have managed to keep a lid on things.

I can tell you this, if you get one as a cub, you will do fine as long as you do what needs to be done. Get an adult, especially one that has been independant or abused, and you will be in for a ride. We do not adopt out independant (feral) or abused wolfdogs unless they are going to another sanctuary (this has happend once).

That being said, wolfdogs, especially high content wolfdogs, can be amazing companions. Way above and beyond what you can expect with a domesticated dog in terms of loyalty, communication, and character.

Back