I Disapprove

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CreamyGoodness

Reaction score
Today, unsurprisingly, I have been struck by a number of things I simply don't approve of. I have no plans or intentions to put a stop to any of the below, but I will voice my displeasure. Note that in reading the below, you agree to not say "first world problems!" or you are subject to being kidnapped and pelted with raisins and cocktail peanuts non-stop for 3 days and nights.

* People saying "First World Problems!" whenever one complains about anything. Seriously, cut it the hell out.

* This yutz across from me yelling at his direct. I dont know what project you are working on, and thus I dont care. Quiet down, Mr. Important.

* The term "directs" as in "invite my directs to the meeting." I dont know what a better thing to say would be, but I still disapprove.

* Wearing a baseball cap and not bending the brim. This style should have died a long time ago. Now that 30-somethings are doing it, its not only ridiculous but embarrassing. Cut it out.

* Cocaine. Nuff said.

* Comments section on news stories. If I am going to read someone's opinion on whether or not you should use WD-40 to squirrel-proof your birdfeeder, I demand they be 1) literate and 2) not a ******. Most of the time neither of these simple criteria are met. I disapprove.

* Most of the scheduled programming on Bravo. Actually thats not true. I like to watch Bridezillas and berate the groom for being a *******.

* Adults wearing a helmet riding a skateboard into the office. A skateboard is for having fun on, not a form of transportation. And take off the helmet... you're SUPPOSED to get hurt.

* Minimum limits for debit cards. Yeah yeah I know, the vendor loses money, I know I know. Its inconvenient. I disapprove.

* Fat-free half and half. This reeks of black magic to me.

* The sudden rash of NYPD recruiting posters. Its one thing if these were up all the time or even seasonal, but the fact that they only seem to go up every so often leads me to deduce that there is currently a shortage of police officers. You know who most likely also figured that one out? The criminals.

* Raw onions on sandwiches. I'm personally not a fan. If I said "with everything" or "the works" then I dont have a leg to stand on, but I think you should ask if I want onions before you put em on. Its not like tomato that I can just off without rooting around in my sandwich for 15 minutes. You know who seems to dislike raw onions as well? Just about everyone I talk to. I can only imagine there is a pro-raw-onion conspiracy coming out of the town of Florida New York to standardize raw onions on sandwiches. I disapprove.

* The term "directs" as in "invite my directs to the meeting." I dont know what a better thing to say would be, but I still disapprove.

Agree. Work is already getting dehumanizing enough. Don't make me an impersonal object.

Oh ... and I am in the inner-circle on the onion conspiracy! :ban:

* The sudden rash of NYPD recruiting posters. Its one thing if these were up all the time or even seasonal, but the fact that they only seem to go up every so often leads me to deduce that there is currently a shortage of police officers. You know who most likely also figured that one out? The criminals.

As if pulling the posters down would reduce the crime rate....cmon. Cops aren't usually smart enought to catch real criminals anyway. My house got robbed once. I knew who did it, and provided the police with a full hand print on a plexi glass window that the perp knocked out. They still couldn't arrest him. Get caught not wearing your seatbelt, however, and they are right there to serve and protect.

* Wearing a baseball cap and not bending the brim. This style should have died a long time ago. Now that 30-somethings are doing it, its not only ridiculous but embarrassing. Cut it out.

And leaving the price tag and stickers on? Come on, that was never cool. When I asked someone who had left the sticker on, he told me that it was a status symbol and that it shows it is still new. Even if it is a year old and they managed to keep it on that long.

I will also add "Neon white guys dressing and acting like rappers" Wasn't cool when Vanilla Ice did it, still isnt. Few can pull it off, maybe Eminem, for the rest stop. Especially if you grew up in the suburbs.

Parents driving 70 through a residential neighborhood where children play so they can, you now, drop off their children at school/day-camp, etc. "If I have to run over a kid so I can get MY kid to school on time...worth it!"

I'm drawing a blank today, but that one annoys me. Like, road spikes annoys me.

* Comments section on news stories. If I am going to read someone's opinion on whether or not you should use WD-40 to squirrel-proof your birdfeeder, I demand they be 1) literate and 2) not a ******. Most of the time neither of these simple criteria are met. I disapprove.

Best part of the story IMHO. Other peoples stupid comments make be feel smarter.

My favorite is the guy who jumps all over someone else for a comment that was obiously meant to be taken as a joke. The girl who writes an insightful response to a story about war crimes along the lines of 'Why are people so mean?' is a close second. Oh...and don't forget the obnoxious born-again Christian who tells everyone they will burn in hell unless they accept Jesus as their personal savior, and the right-wing conservate who blames the Obama administration for whatever was mentioned in the article.

* Fat-free half and half. This reeks of black magic to me.

I agree. I avoid this stuff like the plague. Give me some good old artery-clogging cream from a cow.

I feel the same way about sugar-free ice cream, alcohol-free beer, and anything containing wheat grass, wheat germ, or tofu.

Oh...and don't forget the obnoxious born-again Christian who tells everyone they will burn in hell unless they accept Jesus as their personal savior, and the right-wing conservate who blames the Obama administration for whatever was mentioned in the article.

THIS. +1

I agree. I avoid this stuff like the plague. Give me some good old artery-clogging cream from a cow.

I feel the same way about sugar-free ice cream, alcohol-free beer, and anything containing wheat grass, wheat germ, or tofu.

Anywhere you see "fat free" or "sugar free" or "caffeine free", just remember that literally translates to "chemical sh*tstorm".

Yeah I'd rather drink one Coca-cola than 3 diet cokes. Better yet, I'll grab some lemons and simple syrup and have 1 homemade lemonade.

Yeah I'd rather drink one Coca-cola than 3 diet cokes. Better yet, I'll grab some lemons and simple syrup and have 1 homemade lemonade.

My family is trying, within reason, to distance ourselves from anything in cans, boxes, etc. By that I mean preservatives, chemicals, etc. We don't even use white sugar in our coffee, brown all the way.

I look at it like this: Do I know for sure that all that crap they put in processed food will shorten my life/reduce the quality thereof? No, but if there's any chance that it will...why on Earth would I risk it? I want to see my children's children grow up, ya know?

Picture it, Pine Bush NY, circa 1992. The local classic rock station playing on the school bus and in my father's truck, 101.5, would play Cocaine by Eric Clapton just about every 15 minutes. If I never hear that song again it will be too soon.

As for the powder, anyone who imbibes who ISNT an ******* will be in short order. No exceptions.

If you are going to sell me a 12oz package of coffee beans, nut up and sell me a 12oz. package of coffee beans. Especially if you are a small business, the trust of your customers should be paramount.

Hey I fully support the right for others to get onion on their sandwiches if they enjoy it. Personally, I think something that tastes that strongly should be an option that comes with a warning.

My local coffee shop sells green coffee beans by the "pound". However, their "pound" is only 12 oz. I acknowledge that it says so in small type at the bottom of their sign. I disapprove.

If you are going to sell me a 12oz package of coffee beans, nut up and sell me a 12oz. package of coffee beans. Especially if you are a small business, the trust of your customers should be paramount.

They start with a pound of "green" beans... which, once roasted, nets about 12oz.

That's how those bastards can get away with that crap.

And while we're at it.. go to a gas station, ask for EXACTLY one gallon, then DEMAND your 1/10th of a cent in change.

Apparently, she has over eight million subscribers and (as of April 12, 2013) over one billion total video views on YouTube. I never heard of her. I disapprove how out of touch I am.

She's pretty and incredibly funny. Plus she rants, and she's a pet lover. Me gusta.

They start with a pound of "green" beans... which, once roasted, nets about 12oz.

That's how those bastards can get away with that crap.

And while we're at it.. go to a gas station, ask for EXACTLY one gallon, then DEMAND your 1/10th of a cent in change.

But I was buying green beans, so if that's their logic they should have given me the full 16 oz so that I would end up with 12 oz after I roast them. So simply tell me when I ask for a pound that they sell in 12oz increments.

http://www.wetv.com/shows/pregnant-and-dating

Yup a reality show where you are knocked up with "some other dudes baby" and are on the dating scene.... I disapprove.

Is there anything they haven't thought up for a reality show? Really they should come over and film me... drinking beer...surfing the interwebs... and itching my a$$ and dangly man parts. I honestly think that would be better TV then Pregnant and Dating.

I've never gone out of my way to bend the bill of my hats. They usually end up with a slight bend, though. Mostly all I care about is them hiding my bedhead when I haven't showered.

I used to work with a guy that had his bent so tight he must have had tunnel vision.

I agree half-and-half is for weenies. Go all-or-nothing. I'm totally into dairy-free creamer. Especially when traveling. I don't need lactose intolerance setting in mid-conference or when I'm 40 miles from the nearest town.

I will also add "Neon white guys dressing and acting like rappers" Wasn't cool when Vanilla Ice did it, still isnt. Few can pull it off, maybe Eminem, for the rest stop. Especially if you grew up in the suburbs.

Word to yo mamma!

Back