Keg is all foam

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mnpaddler

Reaction score
howdy, i made a post recently regarding the best way to carbonate your keg....i was told to crank up the co2 to 30 psi and roll the keg from end to end for up 8 minutes...i did this for about five minutes-not violently but rather-very gently- and then reduced the psi to 10. it has been over 24 hours and i tried to get a sample....all i get is foam...i shut the co2 off...any other suggestions-the fridge is set to 42F????...thanks, scotty :mug:

After shooting with the high pressure. Turn the gas off, and vent the excess pressure in the keg. If you don't do this venting, then you have 30psi shooting beer out. Yes it will be foam.

thanks, i did drop the psi to 10 and i will know vent as instructed...i am curious though about this....after the 16oz glass of foam settled back into beer in the fridge (about 5 minutes time) the beer still tasted flat....is that because it came from foam???

The more i brew, the more questions i have?????

Latest posts

Back