increased temp during fermentation??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bwookie

Reaction score
I have heard that during fermentation the temp can rise 5-10 degrees. I know you are supposed to be in an area 68-72* or so, is that temp the ambient air, or the liquid?

I am fermenting in an area that avg 70*, should i try to get it cooler since the liquid will heat slightly?

Thanks!!!

I have heard that during fermentation the temp can rise 5-10 degrees. I know you are supposed to be in an area 68-72* or so, is that temp the ambient air, or the liquid?

I am fermenting in an area that avg 70*, should i try to get it cooler since the liquid will heat slightly?

Thanks!!!
Yes, temperature inside the fermentation bucket can be meaningfully higher than outside. You want to have your inside-the-bucket fermentation bucket in the range.

For instance, for us-05, I've been trying to have the outside bucket temperature around 63-65 degrees.

What yeast are you using?

Ok, I am doin the BB kit for imp. Nut brown....don't have it with me so I couldn't tell u the yeast excep that its in the 70* range......I have a tecnique that I can cool the fermenter 5-7 degrees and was debating if I should or not. That would put the ambient air closer to 62-65*

bwookie said:
Ok, I am doin the BB kit for imp. Nut brown....don't have it with me so I couldn't tell u the yeast excep that its in the 70* range......I have a tecnique that I can cool the fermenter 5-7 degrees and was debating if I should or not. That would put the ambient air closer to 62-65*

My batches got better as I got my temps to the lower end of the range, so yes.

Latest posts

Back