Aquarium Chiller

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fpweeks

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Anybody use one of these for temp control on their conical? I'm thinking of adding a stainless coil and I like the self contained idea of one of these chillers. ( I hate the idea of buying a third chest freezer!). Mind you, the two I own aren't used as freezers....

I just scored one of those too. This one
I traded 2 corny's for it :mug:

Basically what I'm planning is a cooler or Sanke for a reservoir with a submersible pump to move glycol through the chiller. Then a second pump to move the glycol through a closed loop past the fermenters, and through my tap tower. (My DIY chiller thread and tower build are here)

Same idea about a stainless coil "IC" in the fermenter, but with some sort of quick disconnect so I can take it all upstairs to clean it.

I'm also eyeballing the "FremTroller" project. Ultimately, I want to have 2 fermenters and my tap tower on the system, completely automated.

Subscribed - I'm anxious to see what you come up with

Chiller Control.jpg

thats exactly what im thinking but just with the two fermentors......in the winter my reservoir would have to be heated......basement is too cold.....

you should use a BCS to control the system.....then you can sit at your pc and check out the temps....:D

now i just need to find the deal you did on the chiller.

I've got a BCS-460. I'm really leaning toward the BrewTroller now, though. Or more specifically, the FermTroller because I have a kegerator and 2 keezers that aren't on that diagram and that's too much for the BCS.

Latest posts

Back