Bev Seal Ultra and Barb Fittings

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zlwags85

Reaction score
I have read every thread I can find on this stuff. After attempting heat guns, boiling water, combination of the two, etc.... I have easily attempted to put the 1/4" barb fitting on the 3/16" hose 50+ times. Finally, I was able to get consistent and get the barbs roughly half way (majority of the barbs in contact... slightly over half probably). Would anyone worry about this? I can throw some clamps on as well but I can't pull these apart by hand. Just don't want to put it in the new keezer build if there is doubt. If this is a problem... I'm just going to go back to standard vinyl from morebeer.

I can also use the heat gun to melt the plastic around the barb a bit closer if that would help as well before clamping.

Thoughts? Didn't see any discussion on how far these have to be on... just that they are a pita to get connected.

Thanks in advance.

A couple of mine only went on halfway. I clamped them just as a backup but don't think it was necessary. There's only one way to find out if it's sealed... Send a pint through it.

Latest posts

Back