Modular Keezer Build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twistr25

Reaction score
Looking to get a few ideas and suggestions from the great Keezer builders of HBT. I got one of the Magic Chef 7.0 cuft on sale from HD at the end of last year and have intentions of turning it into a Keezer with a coffin. The issue is, I live in an apartment currently and the best location for it is on the deck outside, and even if I have it inside I still have the same issue.
I plan to build the basic framework like Hoppo's Rustic Keezer.
The problem arises when my dimensions are about an 1" too wide to fit through the door when I eventually move. So my solution is to build something modular that can be somewhat easily taken apart. I'm thinking to attach something on the dolly that will act as slots, like in an old farm truck, that I can slip the 2x4s into and use some brackets to attach the top together. So, anyone have any specific materials they think might be best suited for this or any other ideas to pull it off. My rendering of the framework I was thinking is below, before I realized my size issue. I'll face it with some thin board and cut a square out for the LED sign. I am wide open and eternally grateful for any help!
keezer.jpg

Turns out I may have had one too many homebrews while doing the calculations. I forgot to "set" the freezer on top of the 2x4s and instead left a space in the middle for it. So, all fixed now. Thanks for those who took a look.

Wish I could help you with a "break down" design, but I'm just not creative enough. I would have to remove my entire door wall to get mine out of my basement walkout, so I'll be curious about what you come up with if I ever build another one of these things again. Can't wait to see this thing come together.....good luck!!! :mug:

Hoppo

Back