Air in my serving lines

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If there is air in your lines, you have a leak somewhere letting the air in. Make up a star san solution in a spray bottle and spray all your connections. Find the one that spits bubbles.

Is it all kegs? 1 keg out of many? what your reg pressure(s)?

it is just in one of my kegs, normal pressure is 12 psi, but force carb at 35 psi for a few days then purge and reset to 12.

I had foam in my beer lines and I discovered it was created by temperature differences between the top and bottom of my keezer. I put in a fan and the foam is GONE. I also put in a longer shank, so that might also have helped the problem.

Where does the foam tend to appear in the line?

no foam in the line itself, just air bubbles. The first pint is all foam but the second one is perfect, if I let it sit for a few mins then I have to go through it again.

That can also be due to temperature differences. When the cold beer hits the warm line or warm beer faucet you can get foam.

I could be wrong, but do you have a fan in your keezer? Sounds like the problem I had, although I could see some bubbles in the beer line, especially near the shank.

I had the same issues twice. The first time I actually head a very small leak in the line and it sucked some air. I wasn't very successful detecting the issue with star san but used soap water instead. ONce the bubbles settle a bit from dripping the soap water on the different parts, you'll see easily where the problem is. The second time it was actually the difference between warm/cold as already mentioned above. Add a small computer fan and life is good

Back