A More Permanent Label

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SKuyken

Reaction score
I have a family reunion coming up, and I'm brewing a beer specially for it. Usually I would want a label that could easily come off, but in this case I want to make a sort of a keepsake bottle for the reunion. I've searched these forums and found more permanent label options like avery labels and onlinelabel.com. The problem is I don't have a laser printer and I'm thinking if I print it on inkjet the ink will run when the beers are put in a cooler. I have looked at fed ex office, and their label options aren't really big enough for a bottle label. I also have heard that they won't let you bring in your own paper like if I brought in some label blanks from onlinelabels.com. Are there label websites that you could completely use your own design and have them printed up and sent to you quickly? Or maybe another option. The reunion is in less than two months, but my cousin is coming up with a design and I'm not entirely sure how long it will take.

I have had zero issues bringing in my own paper to FedEx and printing out things. Just yesterday I printed out 200+ invitations on 80 lb cardstock and ran it through their laser jet printers. I always go to the self-serve stations and use a USB stick with that document on there. Next, take the paper out of the top-shelf (assuming you are printing standard 8.5" x 11" pages (not labels)), put your paper in, and then "pop" out the other trays (was told directly by 2 different FedEx employees at 2 different locations this was not an issue). Now I'd probably try it first before you spend the time and effort developing for this in case your local FedEx applies its rules differently.

Any print shop will have pressure sensitive stock that will work, one brand I have used a lot over the years is MacTac. Most will not be water proof (more so the paper than the adhesive) but you can remedy that by spraying the label with a clear coat. You can also do the same with any other paper stock and use a water-proof adhesive

Back