The Lagering Step

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

enohcs

Reaction score
In the middle of my first lager (after countless ales). Fermentation was at 54, and I'm at the DA rest now. Can I lager in a corney keg or will I still require some sort of airlock?
Also, upon completion, should I then rack the beer into a new keg, or will it be fine to carb and serve in the same vessel I lager in?

Yes you can lager in a keg. No need for an airlock. I do rack my lagers to another keg after the lagering period, but many don't, personal choice there....

In the middle of my first lager (after countless ales). Fermentation was at 54, and I'm at the DA rest now. Can I lager in a corney keg or will I still require some sort of airlock?
Also, upon completion, should I then rack the beer into a new keg, or will it be fine to carb and serve in the same vessel I lager in?

Yup not a problem. Rack to a keg, purge the head space with gas and your good to go.

Back