My Keezer Build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bb40bball

Reaction score
I normally just hang out in the forums and read as much as I can. And it was from this forum that I learned how to build my own keezer. So I figured I would show my keezer build and hopefully it helps someone else out, much like all of you guys have helped me.

I started with a 7.2 cu. ft. freezer from Sears, I think it's a Kenmore. I ordered a regulator, gas lines, bev lines, three way manifold, ball lock connectors, and Perlick faucets from Keg Outlet.
20130927_180347.jpg

Next, I took off the lid, hinges, and seal.
20130927_180359.jpg
20130928_163149.jpg

I decided to use 1"x6" for the collar. I'm not a very handy person, so instead of trying to miter the corners, I just butted the boards against each other and used a brad gun. I used a 1" spade bit to put the holes for the shanks off to the right. I also drilled holes for the handle. I used a polyurethane stain (oak colored) to seal the wood. Lastly, I added some corner brackets and sealed the edges with clear silicone. The piece of 2"x4" I added on the back of the collar is for the three way manifold.
20131006_175924.jpg

Once the lid was finished, I needed to reattach it. I had to use washers to space the hinges just right for the lid to sit flush. I also added two rows of 1/4" weather stripping to the bottom of the wood.
20131006_175949.jpg

I added a bottle opener to the collar and painted the top with chalkboard paint. Here's the finished product.
20131006_204955.jpg

Here's the internal lines all hooked up. You can also see where I mounted the temp controller to the collar on the right hand side.
20131014_152910.jpg
20131014_152919.jpg

I know it's not very flashy. It wasn't intended to be. It sits in the utility room, which doubles as my brewery. I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out. I have a friend who does vinyl, so I might have him design me a logo for the front of the keezer.

Back