Look what my wife got me for my Birthday!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow bro. My SWMBO got me my kegging kit. 5# co2, and one corny. I thought I had it made. Man now I got to trade mine in for a newer model (the wife that is).

If the War Department reads your reply your dead meat.
I always get "HOW MUCH!" when I drag something home, reads me
like a book with my goofy smirk when I made a good score.

I guess it's an okay gift.... seems like she kinda cheaped out though. Now, if she had paid Jester to make you a keezer and gave it to you full of brew ready to pour then you'd really have something....

I know it has been some time since my last post (life gets in the way sometimes). But I wanted to give an update and express my excitement...Woohoo! Jester replied to my thread! The man whose keezer is my inspiration, his design has launched a thousand keezer designs. :) (Great job on that design btw)

Now to the update...I am still designing mine, haven't had much time to do that lately. But I wanted everyone to know I haven't forgotten about you :) Photos are too come!

In the mean time I need to find a way to get her to agree that I need a premium membership so that I can host and post my photos here. Uploading them elsewhere, then getting the link, and posting here is just too time consuming (not to mention I don't really have any space elsewhere). Hmm...I'll see what I can do...

I guess she got tired of bottling, she is really encouraging this project! Of course I will document as I go, so there will be yet another Keezer thread!

P6171877.JPG

P6171874.JPG

P6171875.JPG

P6171876.JPG

P6171881.JPG

And I still have room for 1 more keg!

Can 5 kegs fit in if you place the CO2 bottle outside?
My old R12 keezer's eating 10-1 oz gas every year it's on a death roll.
I like your keezer not needing a collar.

I guess she got tired of bottling, she is really encouraging this project! Of course I will document as I go, so there will be yet another Keezer thread!

P6171877.JPG

P6171874.JPG

P6171875.JPG

P6171876.JPG

P6171881.JPG

And I still have room for 1 more keg!

My old R12 keezer's eating 10-12 oz gas a year it's on a death roll this old dog.
I like your keezer not needing a collar, post more photos of the SWMBO, the keezer project also.

My old R12 keezer's eating 10-12 oz gas a year it's on a death roll this old dog.
I like your keezer not needing a collar, post more photos of the SWMBO, the keezer project also.

I think I would be able to fit 5. I will need to measure to be sure since I am not sure what the diameter of the CO2 bottle is.

Yep there will be plenty of pictures of her posted, she is really pushing me to get this done. We want it it functional before football season, and time is starting to run out :)

There are "other" parts of this forum that she may appear, but I need to work on getting her to approve my premium membership first ;)

Yes I do believe I would be able to get 5 Kegs in there if I put the CO2 on the outside.

Yes I do believe I would be able to get 5 Kegs in there if I put the CO2 on the outside.

Thanks for the imformation my keezers on it's last leg leaking more gas as time goes on. Holding 5 corny's without stepping up in the 14 plus cu/ft range is in the budget as well the war departments plans I ran out of space. She just got her bigger gun safe so I must work around what space is left. My pinball machine stays.

If it's the same as my Frigidaire 9.0 cuft from Lowes (exterior dimensions are the same), it will fit 5 on the floor if you bend the compressor hump back some. The fifth keg won't fit without forcing it.

If it's the same as my Frigidaire 9.0 cuft from Lowes (exterior dimensions are the same), it will fit 5 on the floor if you bend the compressor hump back some. The fifth keg won't fit without forcing it.

After taking careful measurements I think I can fit 5. I even put it into skecthup to confirm. Here is the image, when I use the tape measure tool everything matches perfectly to my hand calculations. (The CO2 bottle after measuring is about the same diameter as a keg, so I can put 4 plus the CO2 in it)

Freezer_small.jpg

The present is on the left, that other crap is icing on the cake. You need to buy her something nice.:mug:

I know she is always the present :) I know I am lucky ;) Why else would I get all this cool stuff! And I already have ideas for her birthday. She will be taken care of :mug:

+10 as they never forget besides you'll need other expensive brewing items in the future.

Oh I know, she has a memory like a still trap. And I already have thoughts for the future. Once this baby is up and running I "may" need to upgrade my actual brewing setup ;) So I will definitely take care of her :mug:

Thanks for the imformation my keezers on it's last leg leaking more gas as time goes on. Holding 5 corny's without stepping up in the 14 plus cu/ft range is in the budget as well the war departments plans I ran out of space. She just got her bigger gun safe so I must work around what space is left. My pinball machine stays.

Nice, I like her already :) And way to take a stand! Pinball Machines are awesome! :mug:

Oh I know, she has a memory like a still trap. And I already have thoughts for the future. Once this baby is up and running I "may" need to upgrade my actual brewing setup ;) So I will definitely take care of her :mug:

Just don't let her see this or you'll have to double your budget for her birthday. :D
Top notch setup though. Gear looks nice too.

Nice, I like her already :) And way to take a stand! Pinball Machines are awesome! :mug:

Thanks for the compliment, it's a 1976 Gottlieb Buccaneer purchased
back in 81 for $250 in super great condition. Mechanical is fun to tune
up vs electronic machines.
Question; when placing 5 corny's into the above freezer its been said will work but a tight fit, can the plastic liner at the compressor hump be heated by a heat gun then slightly reformed allowing this needed clearance?

WOW! just WOW! looking forward to build pics. I'm soaking in as much as possible on these builds so I know what I'm doing when I do mine!

Thanks for the compliment, it's a 1976 Gottlieb Buccaneer purchased
back in 81 for $250 in super great condition. Mechanical is fun to tune
up vs electronic machines.
Question; when placing 5 corny's into the above freezer its been said will work but a tight fit, can the plastic liner at the compressor hump be heated by a heat gun then slightly reformed allowing this needed clearance?

Sorry it has taken me so long to respond. I don't think it will be a terribly tight fight. Just playing around with the corney's, I am pretty certain I can get 5 in there without any trouble. I am not sure about reforming the hump. It might be possible. I guess it depends on how the machinery is placed into your particular freezer.

WOW! just WOW! looking forward to build pics. I'm soaking in as much as possible on these builds so I know what I'm doing when I do mine!

Yea I spent a heck of a lot of time looking through photos on here as well. There are lots of cool keezers/kegerators out there. Of course my inspiration (like many others) is Jester. So my keezer will be a tribute to his (read Jester knockoff). Though it will be quite a bit different, I am just using his as a template. I am just about finished with the design and will be starting my build soon. We'll see how it goes.

Fellow brewer "wrench001" also has a deep chest six corny's fit without a collar. He stated it was a 13 cu/ft Sears Kenmore that holds 6 corny's with ease plus two 3 gallon corny's on the compressor hump. Yes a Jester clone will be made on my future build. Jester cost me some more money.

Latest posts

Back