GE 7.0 Keezer Build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saucemanpc

Reaction score
Ok, so I've been a member for 1 whole month.....and after doing lots of research and seeing some great Keezer builds I had to hop on the bandwagon.

I'm 5 days in and I've got the GE painted completely with chalkboard paint, the collar built and stained and the electronics figured out.

I bought a 2 keg package from kegconnections (thanks Ben!) with a dual body regulator and upgraded to the Perlick 525s faucets.

I left room on the collar to someday upgrade to 4 faucets also.

I've got my first brew (Irish Red Ale) carbing in my extra fridge and it should be ready to go this weekend! Can't wait!

Thanks to Electrichead for the inspiration on this one.

PS. My dates are wrong on the pics, I keep forgeting to change that......

SAM_0732.jpg

SAM_0734.jpg

SAM_0735.jpg

SAM_0738.jpg

Looks good! Why cover the whole think with chalkboard paint? You gonna draw on it? If you have drawing skills that would be AMAZING

Looks good.

How did you apply the chalkboard paint? Right on top of the factory paint? Just curious because I may do the same one day.

Looks good.

How did you apply the chalkboard paint? Right on top of the factory paint? Just curious because I may do the same one day.

Thanks!

I primed it with Gripper. I've done 2 coats of paint and will probably do 1 more because i've dinged it up along the way.

You wouldn't happen to have two 6.5 gallon carboys, would you? If so can you see if you can fit them both on the floor of that freezer? Build looks great by the way! :mug:

Thanks,

Curt

You wouldn't happen to have two 6.5 gallon carboys, would you? If so can you see if you can fit them both on the floor of that freezer? Build looks great by the way! :mug:

Thanks,

Curt

I actually only have one 6.5. sorry man. I think I saw that someone had a pic of that though for the GE 7cf.

Thanks for the props on it though. I'll have more pics soon.

alright, here are some updated pics.

I will probably be doing one more coat of chalkboard paint since i've spilt some brew on the top already :drunk:

SAM_0746.jpg

SAM_0747.jpg

Back