Copper tubing deal for DIY projects

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Iret

Reaction score
First post been reading for awhile. Wasn't sure where to put this almost thought classifieds. But i thought alot of people will miss out on it if i put it there. Hope people take advantage of this before they fix it.

Mods feel free to move to the correct location.

http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc...splay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053

1/2 x 50 ft for 1.74

HD opens up in 8 1.5 hrs from now. Going to print there website and bring it in. Been looking to build a wort chiller. Going to pick up 2 of these.

What else could i use it for? Just started doing 5 gal batches. Still only doing partial boils. Hope to change that soon.

Yeah, I don't think they are under any obligation, but I may be wrong. Regardless, I printed the page and await the results of your trip out there. :D

That has to be a mistake. The scrap value is more than that!

If they do honor it, buy their entire stock of it, seriously, and take it to the scrap yard or sell it on craigslist. Scrap copper goes for $2-3 per pound here. Bright unused copper with no solder or brass attached to it goes for even more.

They wouldn't do it. All i got out of them was we don't price match the web site. And the fact you can't even order it online didn't seem to matter to them.

My store does not carry the homewerks brand. But the SKU matches the Muller product they do carry.

Oh well. He did offer to sell it to me at the price in store of 79$. What a nice guy.

if you look at the specifications it clearly states product length 1ft so that price is per foot...

* Actual inside diameter (in.) : .436
* Actual outside diameter (in.) : .5
* Coiled : Yes
* IAPMO Certified : No
* Item Package Type : Cardboard Container
* Item Weight : .19 lb
* Manufacturer Warranty : 1 Year
* Material : Copper
* Maximum working pressure (psi) : 618
* Maximum working temperature (F) : 200
* Minimum working temperature (F) : 40
* NSF Listed : No
* Pipe & Tubing Product Type : Copper
* Pipe or Fitting Product Type : Pipe & Tubing
* Product Length (ft.) : 1 ft
* Product Weight (lb.) : .19
* Rating : Refrigeration
* Recommended function : Water Supply
* Size : 1/2"
* Wrapped : No

Shows as 0.00/EA for me. I couldnt believe they wouldnt give it to me for free when I brought in a copy of the website print.:drunk:

I just bought 2 20ft sections from my local Ace store and they were $21+change each. Throw in a coupler and a plumber friend who can solder them together and I thought it was a pretty good deal. Only got 40ft instead of my desired 50ft, but I figure on 5gal batches it can't make a whole lot of difference. Could not find 50ft lengths anywhere except HD and they wanted $67, or some outrageous $1.75/ft off the bulk spool.

Shows as 0.00/EA for me. I couldnt believe they wouldnt give it to me for free when I brought in a copy of the website print.:drunk:

No need to be a dick about it.

I work in retail. If it's from our website or our ad we honor it because it's our screw up not the customer. Maybe it's just the company i work for (kohls). On major price difference's which in this case is what we would call it. We need the ad or a print out from the website.

But every retailer is different it never hurts to try. Which is what i did.

I was only half being a dick, it does show up as 0.00 for me. I guess all the stories Ive heard and been a part of at slickdealz makes me automatically wary of these type of typo messup deals. I applaud your company and others who actually take responsibility for their mistakes, it just seems like that doesnt happen often at all. My experience with HD/Lowes is that they absolutely never do this kind of stuff. I had to call a regional manager at Lowes once to get 10% off the HD price of an item, even though they advertise that price matching all over the place.

Back