Need new beer line from keg to faucet.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcs401

Reaction score
I am getting this weird plastic type tats from my keg that I just finished. I am thinking it possibly could be from my beer line as I purchases a kegerator and it's the line that came with it and it had a very strong plastic Oder to it when I took it out. Which I'm sure it's not the best quality. Does anyone know of a higher quality beer line, perhaps ones that a brewery would use? If so where can I purchase it and what size should I be looking for??

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Do you live near a home brew supply shop? I'd go there. Second to that, I'd order from kegconnection.com. I have all my kegging supplies from them. I never had a strong plastic odor from my lines, not even when new. I'd skip using them if that were the case.

bev line from birdman with proper fittings, if i had to do it over . . .

Bevseal or some kind of barrier tubing is the way to go. Note the resistance is less than vinyl, so make sure to get enough. Get john guest fittings, they are worth it.

I bought 12ft to be sure. How do I calculate roughly how much hose I should use any ideas? I'm only going from my keg inside the kegerator up to the tap which is probably about 3-4ft. Currently I believe I use 5ft of hose that came with the kegerator?? Would more or less be better for this tubing?? This is what I purchased, ImageUploadedByHome Brew1402057421.782269.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

There's a confusing variety of line lengths that seem to work for the Accuflex. I'd say 15-20 feet per tap should work, it does have less resistance compared to non-barrier tubing. I have 20' per tap and it works great, never tried more than 15 psi though.

I used to get the plastic taste you're talking about with the cheap line I got from the keg company I bought my setup from. It was baaaad. I then bought some new line from my lhbs and I haven't had any issue. I'm racking my brain as to what brand the line is but I can't think of it atm. I'll check tonight when I get home and I'll let you know. It was sort of pricey, about $1 a foot, but it's worth it in the end to not have that plastic taste...

Back