Hi from Sioux Falls, SD

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cruizer8

Reaction score
Just got into homebrewing last month and already have 20 gallons in the process of becoming beer. So far this forum has been a great place to get info.

Anybody else in Sioux Falls area?

Welcome! You're a little ahead of me. I restarted brewing a month ago and have 15 gallons going so far. I won't be able to brew for about a week when I am able to empty a carboy. This hobby is taking over my life as I am sure it is yours! I lived in Sioux Falls for a few years but am originally from Watertown.

welcome to the addiction. you have been assimilated :D . nice time of year all the way up there to get started brewing...

I have to say that this hobby is very addicting. If I had another carboy or bucket I would probably be brewing again this weekend.

Bornez, do you know of any homebrew stores close to Sioux Falls? So far I have been getting all my stuff online.

I know the gas station on 41st and Minnesota (can't remember what it's called) has quite a bit of stuff. I thought there was a store on madison too but not sure about that. Also Fogies next to Billy Frogs on 57th has stuff. I was in there about three weeks ago and they said they were thinking of getting rid of it all so I'd check it out... Might be on sale.

Welcome! I used to go out to Aberdeen every summer, and the trip always included a stop in Sioux Falls.

Thanks for the heads up about Fogies. I went in there over lunch and all their homebrew stuff was half off. They don't have much left anymore tho, just some bottle caps and some grain. I was able to get a 6 gallon carboy for about $20.

Cruizer head to Taylor's Pantry on the corner of 41st and Minnesota. They have all you will need, and if they don't there is always online. Their base malt is the same price as Northern Brewer.

Taylors Pantry. That's it... If the weather isn't too bad this weekend I'll be down on Sunday. I'll have to swing into Fogies.

I will have to check out Taylor's Pantry this weekend. We are expecting less than an inch of snow this weekend so I don't think it will be as bad here as they make it seem.

Hopefully it isn't bad. They're saying 4-7 up in the Watertown area so that's something to look forward to.

Back