On here at last.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thoughts and opinions on the subject of brew will be humbly accepted.

Do it - it's worth the time and monetary investment - if you enjoy it, that is.

Brewing (i.e. fermenting ****) is AWESOME. Kim-chee, saurkraut, beer, wine, yogurt, kefir, etc...

Welcome DanII. We're glad yo have you join us!

Welcome! I mean, in an imaginary friend kind of way. :p

The difference between HBT and the voices in my head - nothing. That explains some of my moderating, doesn't it?

Danii, one of my sons is a member of our homebrew club and brews with us as often as he can. This summer that was quite a bit. Here's a blog and photos about it http://www.singingboysbrewing.com/The-Blog.html

Aha. Another Dan. Glad to have you here on the forum. Make sure to check out the late night talk on "I like this time of night on HBT" good stuff.

Great hobby. If ya ever have questions ask here or feel free to private message me. I'll get back to ya quick. I know a little bit about everything .....except stouts!

Again - glad to have ya.

Hello, I am DANII son and prodigy of DAN and finally establishing my own identity on HBT. I want to start brewing and am starting my data collection here. Any thoughts and opinions on the subject of brew will be humbly accepted.

If your the son of DAN I am guessing you have a real good handle on your identity :D.....Man this is KILLER! 2 Dans to mess with! Whooo hooo... Welcome to the MADNESS we call home! So have you brewed with your dad at all? What kind of set up are you thinking of putting together?

Cheers
Jay

Welcome to the forum Dan! It's great to have you here. The best advice I can give you for this hobby is to have fun with it!

Cheers!
Mike

Welcome aboard DanII! My words of advice are simple, try every idea you get that you can afford and listen to the veteran brewers like your dad. Don't brew anything with okra would be more good advice.

As I look to the left and the right of my post, I realize one of these things is not like the other. It is clear that this is a very active reception. I believe there is no other community I have been on a community forum that has greeted a new comer so well. For that I say thank you and apologize for my delayed response. All advice seems sound and capable of being summed up as just do it and venture out and don't be afraid to try new stuff, which is exactly what I intend.

Once again thank you all

Here's some links to brew stores.

You're going to need a start up kit. Morebeer.com has a good one. They ship for free on orders over $59 and their prices are very reasonable. Plus they are not far from you in s ca so the wait is not long

Brewing kit. You'll need additionally a large pot and 50-55 bottles. No screw on types. Need to be the kind a bottle opener is needed. I'm sure you and your friends can come up with these (empties)

http://morebeer.com/products/personal-home-brewery-kit-1-standard.html

Good starting recipe kit

http://morebeer.com/products/blonde-ale-extract-beer-kit-1.html

Also, Dan. Watch every single YouTube brew video Bobby_ M, has made!

There's a new brewers thread/FAQ on the forum homepage. Read it.

Never be afraid to put a question out there. Do as much research on this site as you can. Believe me, no other place is as friendly, respected and filled with such very good people

Cheers DANII

Dan.

- Or as you know me better, Dad. :)

I've found that safale S-04, an English-derived strain to be a good one as well. Worked out great in my ESB, for example. :mug:

Back