Keezer brainstorming

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cambriel

Reaction score
So my old kegerator is showing its age (and the fact that I never bothered to decorate it), and I'm about to set out on building a home bar in my sunroom. I figured now would be a good time to start planning out a keezer build. As this is rather new to me, I was hoping to get some insight from folks who have gone through it before.

The room for the bar is approximately 14x10, so it isn't huge, but it should be enough. In my head I'm envisioning this as an L-shaped bar, about 6' or 7' on a side. However, my minimum keezer requirements are room enough for 3 taps, preferably a commercial half keg + two corny kegs. To manage that, the freezer I convert will definitely be wider than 36", so simply building a 6' bar with a matching keezer unit probably won't work.

What I'm thinking at this point is use a wider freezer that slips within one side of the bar. With everything on casters, the freezer and bar would slide apart so that the lid could be accessed. A false bar top would be attached to the half of the keezer lid that sticks out, forming one arm of the L-shape and also serving as the base of the draft tower. I could just reverse this and make the keezer itself the "serving" side of the bar, but that would mean having a much larger bar top to lift each time the keezer is accessed, which would be more disruptive to anyone sitting there and also a lot heavier to lift.

Before I go sketching this, can anyone tell me any immediate snags I need to consider? It doesn't seem like too outlandish a design to me, but I can't find any photos of anything resembling it so I'm sorta flying blind.

Alternatively, if anyone can offer a solution for a keezer bar that fulfills the tap criteria as well as my space limitations, I'm all ears.

Thanks in advance!

Wow speechless with not having that kind of extra space of my own to build even a bar room. I would gladly have that space for my motorcycle collection not alone a 6 car garage before I begin building a brewing and bar building. best of luck plus look as past bar postings, plenty of ideas just takes some green, think times two on your budget. This is hard to hide from the War Department, aka wifey.
Best of success with your adventures.

Back