Full Keg Freezer Recommendations....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

golson

Reaction score
Can someone tell me what freezer model can hold a full keg and a 1/6 bbl. I don't need a big one. Just one full keg, 1/6 bbl and a CO2 bottle. That is it...I need to convert to a Keezer dual tap....Thanks

Bump....Does anyone know if the kenmore 6.9 model Sears has will fit a full keg? they don't have any where I live on the floor.

My confusion is just about the practicability of getting 160 pounds over the lip of a keezer!

Bump....Does anyone know if the kenmore 6.9 model Sears has will fit a full keg? they don't have any where I live on the floor.

A 7 cubic foot freezer should be able to hold it. I agree with the other guys though...that thing is HEAVY! Your safest bet is to get the circumference of the keg and match it to the measurements of the freezers that are available.

A 7 cubic foot freezer should be able to hold it. I agree with the other guys though...that thing is HEAVY! Your safest bet is to get the circumference of the keg and match it to the measurements of the freezers that are available.

And don't forget the compressor hump!

Most 7.0 cu ft. chest freezers will not hold a sanke keg due to width limitations. Lifting a full sanke over the lip of a chest freezer is a whole different problem...

I know for a fact that the GE's are 7/8" too narrow for a 1/2 barrel sanke, and I think the Haiers are as well. I think you might be able to fit everything you need in the Whirlpool 8.9 cf if you use a CO2 tank small enough to fit on the hump. I believe the Frigidaires are just barely wide enough to hold a 1/2 barrel sanke, but I'm not sure which model would hold everything you're wanting. The Magic Chef 7.2 cf might work if you made a tall collar and put the sixtel on the hump. Not sure about the Kenmore 6.9, but since the exterior dimension is even smaller than the GE, I doubt a 1/2 barrel will fit.

Edit:
Just in case you don't already know, a sanke 1/2 bbl keg is 16 1/8" wide.

I think that an upright would be a better option for your back. They make small ones, but they're a bit pricier than the chest freezers. I picked up a 13 cu ft at Lowe's for about $390 last year. I use it as it is intended, but you could run the taps through the door...

Latest posts

Back