Veterans FFB?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are we all set for the draft? It's tonight, isn't it?

Last I looked, we had an odd number of teams (9), which I'm pretty sure screws up our ability to do the draft.

Got to test the laptop; the draft system is blocked on most of my systems here at work, but the laptop goes through an unfiltered wireless connection so I should be able to draft from here at work. Don't want to do this at home, too many wee ones around.

Looks like the draft isn't going to be tonight unless whoever is missing gets on it soon. We had this issue last night with the other HBT league. We had an odd number too close to the draft time and by the time the last person signed up we lost the draft time slot and had to reschedule.

And with the first game tomorrow we probably won't have any slots to draft before kickoff and be left omitting week one.

Who's missing?

I heard Yooper invited Walker and then nothing became of it...Walker are you in?

Are we all set for the draft? It's tonight, isn't it?

Last I looked, we had an odd number of teams (9), which I'm pretty sure screws up our ability to do the draft.

Got to test the laptop; the draft system is blocked on most of my systems here at work, but the laptop goes through an unfiltered wireless connection so I should be able to draft from here at work. Don't want to do this at home, too many wee ones around.

You are correct. Yahoo will not let us hold a draft with an odd number of teams.

I'm in. Just couldn't find the thread.

Someone needs to invite me to join the league.

Yoop? Are you in charge here?

ok. i see what happened. yahoo sent the previous invite to my yahoo.com email address, and I NEVER use that thing. It's the email address I use when I sign up for something that I know will result in a ****-ton of spam.

I tried to follow the old invite just now, but it said that the invite was no longer valid.

???

two_tons_of_fun.jpg

I was reviewing the settings and we need to make a change to the playoffs - an 8 team, 3 week playoff in a 10 team league seems like a bit much. :D

I'm proposing a 4 team playoff over weeks 15 and 16. Any objections?

damn... there go my chances of making it into the playoffs.

I don't care which way we do it, and I *think* that I can change it after the season starts.

Having 80% of the teams make the playoffs seems like a bit much though.

I don't care which way we do it, and I *think* that I can change it after the season starts.

Having 80% of the teams make the playoffs seems like a bit much though.

Oh, I was just joking. I probably wouldn't make the playoffs if you allowed 10 teams in.

4 teams, 2 weeks is fine with me.

Four seems like too few... but better than eight. Doing anything else requires bye weeks... ugh.

I guess I'd rather have four teams make the playoffs. Think it was two seasons ago, I was kicking ass all year but had one really, REALLY bad week, first week of the playoffs and got beaten by a team that was a lot worse than mine all year. I know, thems the breaks... but I'd rather that the teams making the playoffs are those that have done well all year. Regular season's basically irrelevant if more than half the teams are going to be in, regardless.

How about waiver rules and free agents and stuff after tonights draft? Are we going to have time to make adjustments, post-draft? Are they going to let us pick up free agents before tomorrow night's game? Can we/should we suspend the day-or-two delay for the waiver process, just for this week?

Jesus Crispies. I forgot about the draft. And hence, forgot to warn the wife that I would be incommunicado after 8:30. Oh, and I started drinking already. Dammit.

Go Football!

FYI: I won't be available for the draft. I coach my son's football team M and W evenings.

Fingers crossed for a good set of auto-picks.

Jesus Crispies. I forgot about the draft. And hence, forgot to warn the wife that I would be incommunicado after 8:30. Oh, and I started drinking already. Dammit.

Go Football!

Hey, you're with me. I forgot to tell my wife I had a draft at 6:45 AND 8:30, and I've been drinking since the first pick of the first draft. :drunk:

logged in RIGHT at the end there. looking over my team now, and wondering why yahoo auto-picked a guy for D that was released from his team last week and has not been picked up by anyone. ?

Last year, one of the defensive players Yahoo! picked for me not only had been cut at the end of camp.... he was out of the league entirely the year before. No idea how they pick individual defensive players; alphabetically by mother's maiden name, some random-number generator... no idea.

EDIT: Two years ago, 2008. Matt Stewart. Round 11 (four picks after Aaron Rodgers). Hasn't played since '06, and even then he only had twenty tackles and one sack (28 tackles/0 sacks in '05). WTF?

You know, I was feeling pretty good about my team, at least relative to what I started with last year.... and then I remembered that we were only ten teams this year and if my team WASN'T better, I was going to be in trouble...

damnit.... this is literally the only year I have ever gotten a primo RB in the draft, and Peterson needs to rip things up in the 2nd half tonight.

I can assure you that both the purple D and adrian underperformed. I have Jared Allen as an individual D player in another league, and he got shut down tonight.

sucky evening for me.

Wow. AP didn't break a run for more than fourteen yards, didn't get in the end zone, didn't crack 100 yards.

Walker, I think you should trade him ;)

I almost drafted Jared Allen, I've owned him in previous years but he does tend to either be phenomenal or have nights like last night, where he collects like two individual tackles and nothing else.

I tell you what, I almost **** my pants yesterday morning. Went into a buddy's office to discuss our fantasy drafts (he'd had two the same day as ours), told him that Brady was my QB...

"Did you hear he got into a car accident?"
"**** you! Don't even joke about that!"

Just imagining what would have happened to that ****er who ran the red light, had Brady gotten seriously injured...

... and of course, the day ends with a contract extension ;)

.... was wondering about that.

Teams seem to be about as evenly matched as they've been in a long while. Whatcha thinking? I can't make any promises about homebrew, the pipelines are a little light but could score some good commercial stuff.

Sixer?

Sure... A 6er works. Either homebrew or commercial... Something the other person cannot get themselves.

It's on...

by the way... I wasn't tuned in while all of the league set-up stuff was happening, but why are our benches so deep? 7 bench slots?

Back