What are you brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am brewing a belgian strong dark 10 gallon batch. I have been puting this beer together for over 2 years. It is time!!!! I have the imported candi sugar, I have all the hops at the store. And my yeast is going on the plate tomorrow. Sunday morning is going to be an epic day for me. This beer has been a long time coming.
Wish me luck.
Jay

I got lots of hops crowding up the freezer from the hopsdirect sale, so looks like a 1.070 ish 80 IBU-ish IPA with Columbus and Cascade.

my hops for the blue dot clone didn't make it so its gonna be 10 gallons of Ed Worts Haus pale with munich this time

I am brewing a partial mash pumpkin ale...I substituted Accorn squash for the pumpkin though...the grocery store was all out of canned pumpkin...

I was thinking about brewing a pumpkin ale this weekend but really haven't found a recipe that I liked.. Can you PM or post the one your using?

Irish Red Ale as I type... going for a simple mass-drinkable beer since I'm waiting for my pumpkin.

Alas, it's not turning out so simple as I couldn't find quite what I wanted at my LHBS and now I'm trying out the malt toasting thing. In the end, I'll have beer - hopefully even of the drinkable variety...

Irish Red is the killer mass drinkable beer. It's also CHEAP to make.

I have so many want to brew, but I simply have no time. THIS SUCKS!!!!

Starting my blackberry wine. Got 32 lbs, which is probably too much for 5 gallons, but I can always adjust in the secondary.

5 gallons of centennial blonde this sunday, and smoking a pork butt, and drinking the recently done graff with the inlaws.

Think I'm gonna go take a nap, and get ready...

Fred

Did basic ale as part of a series of simple batches playing with various malts. Tonight instead of brewing I'm drinking at the local Oktoberfest celebration (German Air Force wing stationed here!). Tomorrow, my first mead.

Just finished up the brewday and hit all the numbers, well I was over on my moose drool so 6 gallons of moose drool at 1.055 and 3 gallons of Sterling Pale at 1.051

F'ed up placing my order that got here this afternoon. So, unless someone with tweezers wants to volunteer to separate dark, medium and light grains from an 18lbs bag, I'll be drinkin' not brewin'. :(

Edit:
Anyone want to buy cheap mystery grain? :cross:

Im going to watch the my Beavs play Arizona and brew 10 gallons of light rye ale, its gonna be a good day tater!

F'ed up placing my order that got here this afternoon. So, unless someone with tweezers wants to volunteer to separate dark, medium and light grains from an 18lbs bag, I'll be drinkin' not brewin'. :(

Dude, just mash in, see what it makes... You never know could be something good. A wasted brew day is a bad day!!! I mean its not like you are going to separate them so, just hammer down and have fun!

Dude, just mash in, see what it makes... You never know could be something good. A wasted brew day is a bad day!!! I mean its not like you are going to separate them so, just hammer down and have fun!
Bought a pound of de-bittered black just to expermient with. There's also a pound of Special B in there along with 16lbs of Belgian Pale. Was going to make a Belgian Dark Strong with portions of the Pale, Special B and other grain I have in-house. The way it is, that's way too much dark grain. Thinking about dividing it into two batches and adding enough Pils or Munich to thin out each one, but I'll never really know how much of the dark grains are in each half.

Not happy now. See if my mood changes in the morning. :drunk:

I made a nut brown this morning. All the acorns are falling off the trees and I was sure one was going to go right into the brew pot. Nothing made it in though. I'll probably call this one acorn brown instead.

Just pitched a Pumpkin Porter mod. Smells pretty yummy. Should be ready for Christmas Family reunion.

My only concern will be if I didn't hop it enough; I wanted a porter on the sweetish side. I may have to dry-hop the secondary to raise the bittering. We shall see.

I love this hobby. Part science and part 'flyin' by the seat of your pants'.

I love this hobby. Part science and part 'flyin' by the seat of your pants'.

Ain't that the truth. I just decided to throw some caramel extract into my imperial pumpkin ... spur of the moment.

BTW, dry-hopping won't bitter your beer. And, it probably isn't a good idea for a pumpkin... IMO.

Give it a taste post-krausen. If it is overly sweet, boil some hops and add it. That will do the trick. Be careful, though. Over time, the beer will only get sweeter so I think this is safe.

California Common (AG) last night. This is my first AG batch to exactly hit my target OG. (Full disclosure: I intentionally hit my target OG by reducing batch size by 0.1 gallons. I'll call it B+ work...)

I have my choice of 3 different batches -

An AHS Pumpkin Ale
A Choco-Ras Stout
or a NB Fat Tire Clone

I think Im leaning towards the Punkin ale so that I may have it ready around Turkey day timeframe, although it would be good around Xmas too. I would like to get the C-Ras going too but they forgot to throw in my Ras flavoring. This might end up as a racking onto REAL raspberries in a secondary brew... (It would be my very first ever secondary beer!)
-Me

Kegged 10 gallons of Dunwel-Weizen and 10 Gallons of Special Bitter Friday Night. Today I am Brewing a Robust Porter. Right now I am in my 20 minute reat period for the first Batch Sparge. :ban:

Did three batches yesterday for my cousins wedding. We did an extract pale ale, a blonde all-grain, and an american amber all-grain. Started at noon and had it all cleaned up by 9pm. Great day for my first multi-batch day and only my third brewing session since returning to homebrewing. Today I am kegging the last batch. Busy weekend. :mug:

Scottish 80/- in the fermenter. Just cracked a Raison D'etre to take a break in between cleaning and laundry.

Got the blackberries soaking in Campden. Only used 20 lbs, so I might make a lower gravity batch with the other 12, rather than try for a second wine.

EdWort's Apfelwein and and a SNPA Clone from BYO. Kinda wish I was outside playing with my dog though. Next weekend.

I broke in my new Therminator tonight. Was going to build, but the LHBS had one so I pulled the trigger. It worked perfectly. Yours?

I learned if I use whole cone hops, I need to use my paint strainer bag. I dealt with clogs but figured it out and used the air compressor to blow things out.

Bottled batch 93, the American (well, sort of American style. Sorta. But all of the ingredients except the yeast are not from America) Brown on Sunday.

Upcoming Sunday, finally back to an IPA, West Coast style. Simcoe, Columbus and Crystal hops with Belgian Pale malt and repitched Wyeast 1056, 3rd generation.

Back