How much does a 6-pack cost in america?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peterfuse

Reaction score
My friend is bringing me back a 6 pack of sierra nevada torpedo ipa from california and im wondering how much they cost these days? i remember when i lived in the states it was around $8 for a 6 pack of craft beer.

Anybody know if the torpedo extra ipa is any good? i just love SN and cant get this beer across the water.

Sierra Nevada products generally sell for ballpark $8-$9 a six pack in CA. You can catch them on sale once and a while for $7-$8, or on a good sale you might catch a 12 pack for $12.99

The Torpedo IPA is pretty tasty. I think it is sort of in the middle between their Pale Ale, which is very hoppy for a pale ale, and their Celebration Ale which is liquid nirvana to me, but only brewed part of the year around the holidays

Some of the more exotic craft beers can hit in the $10-$12 range for a 6 pack. Great chain store in CA called Beverages and More (Bevmo). You can check lotsa common beer prices on their web site.

http://www.bevmo.com/

Cheers

One problem here...Once you get a taste of that incredible SN Torpedo, you may be convinced to move to Chico, CA!:ban:

I don't need much more convincing. I can get it mail order here for like $3 a bottle plus shipping. I'm just gona have to savour this 6 pack.

I can score SN for 6.99 in WA. I think we're cheaper than a lot of places for beer, though... I was in Alaska about 6 weeks ago, and ALASKAN AMBER was 10.50 for a SIX PACK. And, yet, SN was still like 7.99, AND I can get Alaskan Amber for 6.99 down here...

Sam Adams Imperial Series, in Vermont, $12 for a 4 pack
Most other microbrews ~$8-9 for a 6 pack.

SNPA and their IPA are $7 at my corner grocery store. Unfortunately, Pike Pale Ale and Rogue Dead Guy sixers are about $10...I'm just glad for the selection, they even have Dogfish Head 4-packs too (don't even a$k). :D

And we get fake Guinness?

What we get this side of the pond is rather different.

Even worse, SWMBO picked up a sixer of that new lower-calorie "Guinness Draught Extra Cold". No flavor, no body. It looks like Coca Cola...I can see right through it. What were they thinking? :eek:

One problem here...Once you get a taste of that incredible SN Torpedo, you may be convinced to move to Chico, CA!:ban:

Even better: our local costco backs up to the brewery. 12-cases of Harvest FTW! I celebrated my return from backpacking monday with a couple of torpedos at the trailhead :D

When I lived in Chico I remember the great $13 12er. And always paid about $6 a sixer. Those days are no more though, so $8 is about par.

Some of the more exotic craft beers can hit in the $10-$12 range for a 6 pack.

Cheers

Sheesh, I pay $14-16 / sixer for several of Bell's and Stone's beers here. SWMBO loves the Cherry Stout but paying that much gives me a brain bleed. I have to keep telling myself that if I don't get it she'll just buy a $30 bottle of wine instead...

I'm starting to see the trend of $7-8 4 packs.

I had the chance to buy a carton (24 bottles) of Sierra Nevada Pale Ale for $AUS130 recently. About $US110 or $US18 a 4 pack. And it was a good price for here. (Quality aussie craftbrew probably around $AUS60 a case)

Be thankful !

Sorry fellas, but the truth is that Guinness Draught is the same everywhere. You might think it tastes better in Ireland, but it's the same beer.

That "Guinness Draught Extra Cold" that's on the shelves now tastes nothing like regular Guinness Draught - get a bottle/can of each and, though they have the same ABV, the difference in flavor is obvious.

The confusion probably stems from the fact that Guinness has seven regularly available beers branded with the "Guinness name" - they all have different gravities and formulations, targeted to different markets. The stuff designed for export is mostly slightly stronger.

Guinness Bitter Draft English Bitter 4.40% ABV

Guinness Draught Irish Dry Stout 4.20% ABV

Guinness Draught Extra Cold Irish Dry Stout 4.20% ABV

Guinness Extra Stout (Original) Irish Dry Stout 6.00% ABV

Guinness Extra Stout (UK) Irish Dry Stout 5.00% ABV

Guinness Foreign Extra Stout 7.50% ABV

Guinness Special Export Stout 8.00% ABV

Guinness Extra Stout (Original) Irish Dry Stout 6.00% ABV
Was one of my favorites to grab leaving the grocery store till they stopped carrying it. The Draught they have now is just to weak/watery to enjoy.

Here a 6 pack varies 8-9$ (SA, Fat Tire, Red Stripe), a few hit 10$. Like all the O'dell 90 shilling etc.

The VERY few 12 packs I see sold here range 13-14$ (mostly SA and Fat Tire, there's a couple others)

What I'm most sad about is you simply do not see anything for IPA's or less known styles here. Long Hammer is the only "IPA" on the shelf.

I'd say on average about $7.50-$9.00 a six pack depending on when and where in my area. If I want a 24 pack, I usually check out Costco to see what they have.

Back