Don't tell non-brewers to bring beer to a party

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I go to a friends house for the big game, he throws the bash and I am the only o e who brings beer took 6 kegs of beer and root beer for the kids the girls drink wine or margarita's. And if I go some where for any other time of the year and I can get kegs to it I do. Taps are great but try and set up a Mobil co2 set up as well then you will be ready for what ever party comes your way. Bring Good Beer To The Masses!!!!! Or have a lot for your self

I had a similar experience this past summer. I got together with three friends to throw a big party. It was at my house so in order to divide up expenses more evenly, two of the guys were assigned to provide food and the fourth guy to supply the beer. I have to admit being a bit dissapointed when he showed up the day of the party with cases of BMC but this feeling only lasted for a second. After all, not only is he not a homebrewer but turns out he doesn't even drink beer! So who was to blame here? Not him, he did his part. By the way the party was awesome.

BrewPilot74 said:
I had a similar experience this past summer. I got together with three friends to throw a big party. It was at my house so in order to divide up expenses more evenly, two of the guys were assigned to provide food and the fourth guy to supply the beer. I have to admit being a bit dissapointed when he showed up the day of the party with cases of BMC but this feeling only lasted for a second. After all, not only is he not a homebrewer but turns out he doesn't even drink beer! So who was to blame here? Not him, he did his part. By the way the party was awesome.

It is a little odd that he didn't say that e doesn't drink beer after he was tasked with supplying it. If someone asked me to get something I wasn't familiar with I would certainly let them know to have lowered expectations

I think a good rule of thumb is...Don't ever expect another person to bring a beer you like. I can think of a number of solid craft brews that I wouldn't be excited about if somebody brought them.

Also, I know if I was asked to get some beer for a party around here, and I showed up with anything but Budweiser I would be mocked and they straight wouldn't drink it. As far as I'm concerned that's just as high on the level of snobbery.

I still say this is the worst thread ever.

first-world-problem.jpg

^ Everyone in this thread.

Revvy said:
No, you're just a brewdou*** beersnob, not a homebrewer or a beer geek. That attitude gives homebrewers and beer enthusiasts a bad name. People like what they like, and there's plenty of beer out there without a need to bash a person for their choice of beer. If you're worried about what folks might have on hand or bring to a party, rather than critisizing them for what they like, just make sure you have plenty of what you like for yourself.

Preach it, revvy!

I just read all 13 pages of this thread, now I have that "dirty" feeling you get after watching an entire episode of Jerry Springer.

So after all my bitching, it seems like I would go to a party with the OP. But hey, at least I learned I wouldn't go to a party at moto's.

Never leave a thread for 10 pages after starting off that way! You forced me to make assumptions about you. ;)
:mug:

Hey I'm in Vermont, on vacation, about to go to the Vermont Pub and Brewery, and I'm still posting. I'm friggin' addicted to this stupid site more than I am to the actual beer!!

I've only just finished my first batch and have shared some with co- workers and such. If I was hosting a party it would kind of depend on who was invited, a few (2-4) friends, or like a invite work, friends, friends of friends kind of thing. A few friends, I'm thinking at least pop top bottles.... Friends of friends and such, let em drink the bmc, and share some of the great homebrew with those that appreciate it and enjoy the game. I'd rather watch em drink the bmc than my brew if its not gonna be appreciated. I won't drink it, but more power to them if they do

Back