Beard Beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drumnart

Reaction score
So has anyone out there tried Rogue's beard beer. Apparently it was released at the beginning of April to a limited amount of locations in Oregon. I'd love to try it...just saying. :)

You know, I like John alot. But I dunno about the yeast from his beard. It makes me cringe. :D

I mean, geez, look at us. Both drunk, but at least my face is clean!

DSCF2865.jpg

Yes, I have tried it, and it was delicious.
The yeast seems to lend a slight clove flavor to it, reminiscent of a hefeweizen, but the mouthfeel didn't indicate any wheat presence to me. It also had a very nice crispness in the finish.
I would consider it a very characterful pale ale.

Yooper said:
You know, I like John alot. But I dunno about the yeast from his beard. It makes me cringe. :D

I mean, geez, look at us. Both drunk, but at least my face is clean!

I guess yeast from his pubes would be more cringe inspiring.

Had the beer last night. It's really nice. Nuthin über special but its crisp with pear and banana notes. A little bit of clove as well. I enjoyed it.

Tried it today, like others have said a fair amount of clove, a little fruity, reminded me of a cross between hefe and pale ale. Wouldn't go spend a lot of money for it, but worth a try if you have the chance.

Back