Sam smith chocolate stout

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lucasxp

Reaction score
Hi guys,

The sam smith chocolate stout is one of the best beers i've ever tried. I've tried to brew a clone but it turned out bitter instead of sweet.

Does any one have a clone recipe for that one?

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Could not agree with you more - one of my absolute favorite stouts! And its made with organic grains and hops. This Saturday morning, I will be at our favorite english pub in Chicago with my family, eating a proper english breakfast, watching the finals of the FA Cup and cheering on Arsenal, and drinking one or two Sam Smith's.

As for how to make a clone, I've never tried. I have made an Oatmeal Stout with on cacao nibs and vanilla beans and it was ok but not great. How did you do the chocolate?

And have you taken a look through the recipe database here to see how others do a chocolate stout?

I find that beer to be cloyingly sweet. If I was trying to clone it I would focus on English yeast that are low attenuaters and use cocoa powder not nibs

I've used cocoa nibs too but cocoa nibs arent sweet at all. Neither are the vanilla beans. I hear berries bring out the sweetness in cocoa. I might try that next.

Yeah, i have looked through the recipe database, but couldnt find anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Back