Chocolate cherry stout help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MajorAce

Reaction score
So on another board I mentioned I was going to order a Cream Ale from Brewers Best. Instead I decided to go with a Chocolate Stout. It's a regular Chocolate Stout not the Chocolate Milk Stout. I've had an idea to make it Chocolate Cherry Stout, trying for something like the Chocolate Covered Cherries in stores. For the Cherry element I'm using LorAnn Oils since I have a couple of drams from candy making (I've got a lot of hobbies in the kitchen). I know a lot goes a long way but since this will be my first time using it for brewing about how much do you all think would be best for a gallon recipe? Just a few drops or would I need an entire dram for that much volume?

See the hard part with doing this at the pour level extracts like this can be very strong even just a drop. A single drop could way over power the 12oz pour.

A popular (and old) candy bar in Australia is a “cherry ripe”. Made with cherry coconut and chocolate. Also makes a great stout

See the hard part with doing this at the pour level extracts like this can be very strong even just a drop. A single drop could way over power the 12oz pour.

Dose an oz of stout with a ml or whatever of extract. Then use a drop of  that to dose the 12oz beer.

1ml extract in 99ml of stout would make for easy math.

Latest posts

Back