Anyone using this Dual Guage Co2 regulator?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joncb04

Reaction score
I was originally looking for a dual guage regulator and just the attachment that will provide Co2 to two kegs. Then I found this regulator: http://www.micromatic.com/draft-keg-beer/regulators-pid-842-2.html but I'm highly paranoid about my Co2 leaking and I see some plastic parts that worry me. Is anyone using this regulator? Ever had any problems with leaking? Anyone have any better suggestions for a dual guage regulator setup for 2 kegs? Thanks in advance!
:mug:

These regulators were built for CO2 for beverage systems. You're fine. Don't use teflon tape on the tank to regulator connection. Only the little polypropylene washer is needed.

A good way to check for leaks would be to close the line valves, turn on the gas to pressurize the regulator, turn off the gas, and wait. If the needles stay up then no leak.

These regulators were built for CO2 for beverage systems. You're fine. Don't use teflon tape on the tank to regulator connection. Only the little polypropylene washer is needed.

A good way to check for leaks would be to close the line valves, turn on the gas to pressurize the regulator, turn off the gas, and wait. If the needles stay up then no leak.

Yeah, I never use teflon tape on the tank and don't have any problems with my current regular, but it seems to be a little more solid (metal parts vs. plastic). I don't foresee there being a problem, but I like the information and input you guys on the forum can provide. So I make it a note to check on the forum first. Thanks for easing my leaky Co2 anxiety!

I use micromatic regulators but spent the extra to go for the premium model. They've got outstanding build quality

I second this. I made the mistake of buying a cheap $36 regulator from one of the vendors on this site, and it's a piece of garbage. It leaked at the gauge and at the barb, and the threads stripped after a couple of tank changes. Get Micromatic's premium for the extra $20 or so and you won't be disappointed.

Latest posts

Back