Zymurgy or BYO?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cswest

Reaction score
I'm working on a brewing article and would like to get some opinions on which publication I should submit it to.

Thanks!

Why limit yourself, they are both great publications so submit to both and see which picks it up:)

I have never submitted to either, but I would recommend this; call each mag and ask about submission policies, what they pay for articles etc. Will they take a submission that is simultaneously being submitted to another source?

IMO, the two magazines have a different tone... maybe that can help you, read some of each and ask yourself where your article would be the better "fit". Maybe ask some trusted friends to do the same thing and go with the one that your article fits better.

I've written for both, but mainly Zymurgy. You need to contact them first to pitch your article. They will tell you if they like thew idea and deceide what issue it would work best in.

Back