Yow! OK, this is clearly infected, but it's kind of pretty at the same time.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jagec

Reaction score
Brewed up a batch of pumpkin ale, racked it onto the yeast cake from the previous brew, left it in primary for a month, and this is what I found when I cracked it open:

img2451u.jpg

While it tastes a little funny, I didn't spit it across the room. Under the surface it looks normal. I skimmed most of the bubbles off the top, transferred to a keg, and added enough pressure to seal it. Maybe I'll give it a month and then taste it? Any of you seen this before?

Wow it does look great, I'm not sure if I would drink it but it's pretty

I oddly agree... skim it and drink it... probably won't kill you if there's alcohol in there.

Edit: My opinion is just that, and is not an FDA approved diagnosis to cure or treat any illness or supplement a healthy individual.

Ia Ia, Pumpkin Fthagn!

That's creepy and horrid and I love it. Perfect. It's almost certainly a mold or fungus or similar unwelcome beastie but you know what? Human guts can deal with all sorts of bizarre nonsense. And you've already tasted it and felt fine, so! Time to inflict it on the world. :D Maybe you've just accidentally cultivated some new creature that will redefine brewing as we know it.

i'm afraid i would have had to throw that out.......white flecks....i could deal with that ....when it's blowing bubbles at me.......don't think so! LOL:cross:

Sour without trying; I think a sour pumpkin would be kickass.

Don't toss it, and I don't think you will since you already sampled.

Rack below, let it condition in whatever you rack to and enjoy a gold medal in a few months!

Looks a lot like lacto to me. I had a batch of cucumber blonde a couple weeks back that would've passed for a twin of your batch. Drink sooner rather than later!

Latest posts

Back