YOUR own personal life quote.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Sometimes, optimism is the greatest form of courage"

From Ernest Shackleton, the great arctic explorer. I've always thought it says as much about the optimist as it does the cynic.

A few favorites:

Attributed to Mark Twain (and paraphrased by me): "Twenty years from now you wont regret the things you did half as much as the things you didn't".

Me: "Just another F'ing day in paradise!" Sometimes life in the tropics can be very frustrating.

Various versions & attributions: "Luck is when preparation & opportunity meet".

Movie (don't recall title): "Quitting while you are ahead is not the same as quitting"

A few favorites:

Me: "Just another F'ing day in paradise!" Sometimes life in the tropics can be very frustrating.

And my good day, which is the vast majority off them, correlary:

"LDS" (Life Don't Suck).

Work hard, Play harder.

Just when you think you have made it idiot proof, they build you a better idiot.

Life is great! Enjoy it while you can.. If you are not, then do something about it!

After working in lots of difficult places, I have changed my outlook to be positive on life and removed all of my negative influences (to include certain individuals). They suck the life out of you and keep you down when you should be riding high.

Curtis I like the JAFID quote and can relate to it. We have a saying over here "only in the Philippines..." when we run across stupid jackassery...

Here is one I have been saying a LOT lately to my children.

With RULES come consequence.... With consequence come motivation!

Cheers
Jay

Curtis I like the JAFID quote and can relate to it. We have a saying over here "only in the Philippines..." when we run across stupid jackassery...

True anywhere in "paradise" I think.

A friend in Belize has a great bumper sticker, very appropriate for Belize and many other places: "You Can't Make This Sh*t Up!"

I am an Electrician and here is two of my favorites:

-Stupid should hurt, but dumb shouldn't be a death sentence.
-Hardhats don't cure stupid.

The first was me the second is unknown.

From Socrates in the Apology:
I am wiser than this man, for neither of us appears to know anything great and good; but he fancies he knows something, although he knows nothing; whereas I, as I do not know anything, so I do not fancy I do. In this trifling particular, then, I appear to be wiser than he, because I do not fancy I know what I do not know.

I am wiser than this man, for neither of us appears to know anything great and good; but he fancies he knows something, although he knows nothing; whereas I, as I do not know anything, so I do not fancy I do. In this trifling particular, then, I appear to be wiser than he, because I do not fancy I know what I do not know.

Ha, due to the large amounts of cash my folks wasted on my undergrad Philosophy degree, I actually recognize that one. I remember lots of other useless random knowledge from college too! ;-)

Work hard, Play harder.

Just when you think you have made it idiot proof, they build you a better idiot.

Life is great! Enjoy it while you can.. If you are not, then do something about it!

After working in lots of difficult places, I have changed my outlook to be positive on life and removed all of my negative influences (to include certain individuals). They suck the life out of you and keep you down when you should be riding high.

in place of idiot i like the one that goes
"Nothing is fool-proof to a sufficiently talented (or motivated) fool."

in place of idiot i like the one that goes
"Nothing is fool-proof to a sufficiently talented (or motivated) fool."

That's about the way I feel after all this messed up computer system bs...:drunk:

Back in high school in the '70's, referring to our usual quest for a chemically-altered state, our mantra was "never go straight, always go forward".

Work hard, Play harder.

You hooked me in your handle. Subic Bay Philippines?

I spent many fun years there. Tropical beauty, the land and the girls!

Yes that is where I am. ;) All of that is still here and is much better if you stay away from the girly bars. The best ones are out and about. I dont hang in those places as my pinay wife wouldnt appreciate it. I now live in the Freeport zone (used to be the Navy base). Its an awesome place to live.

Intelligence isn't what you know, it's how well you adapt to what you don't know.

-me

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Let's give it a go. First off I haven't read 19 thread pages, if anyone has the same thing then stop stalking me! I'll probably check it out later. Anyways...

(usually during parting ways)
"Don't do anything I wouldn't do. And don't do some things that I would."

I was inspired to write a book about a comment 38 people +1'd I'd made about about a ballad of John Henry Cash did. " John Henry & The Blue Collar World". I love the line used that John allegedly said of the steam drill, " If the Lord say that machines ought to take the place of livin', then what's a substitute for bread & beans? I ain't seen it! Do engines get rewarded for their steam"? That's the plight of hard workin' blue collar folks the world over in regard to over-mechanization. Good words by a simple man!

I'm a man
That's all

Man and Among men
I stand very tall

A man is not a disgusting loudster
Men are men of logic, hard work.
We take care of each other
That's truly what works

I just edited and deleted the words said in the previous words now deleted.

You got to look at some things
If your life were different it might have a differentfs ringlet.
A
I'm probably the biggest hyoocrit you ever met.

Do yourself a favor

Wait

I can't give advise. is

Back