Your Auto-Siphon will melt at...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I melted one transferring 180* sparge water. I didnt learn my lesson & ruined another one @ 165 for mash water.

Some folks never learn.

Thats why I started buying back-ups. I have a redundat system. Every time I purchase a batch of ingredients, I get a new airlock or a new auto siphon, or bottling wand etc etc. I can't double my whole brewery, but if I do something stupid, like auto siphon sparge water, at least that dosent shut me down.

I have never melted one but i have broken the damn things several times. I always break the damn bend. So with my last one i bought, i sawed it off close to the bend and haven't had a problem since.

Airlocks don't stand a lot of heat either. I threw mine in the boiling wort the other day thinking I could sanitize it and immediately realized it might be a bad idea. I fished it out, and the middle piece was deformed already. It still works fine...

Airlocks don't stand a lot of heat either. I threw mine in the boiling wort the other day thinking I could sanitize it and immediately realized it might be a bad idea. I fished it out, and the middle piece was deformed already. It still works fine...

I've read a lot of crazy stuff on this site, but sir, you take the cake. Congrats, your sig worthy, and may God have mercy on your soul.:D

I've read a lot of crazy stuff on this site, but sir, you take the cake. Congrats, your sig worthy, and may God have mercy on your soul.:D

thank you, I feel special now, in a special sort of way. I'll stick to one beer during boil, then indulge...

Back